Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: Early Desert Eagle .357 Price

Question Early Desert Eagle .357 Price

I recently got a Desert Eagle .357 in a trade. This model is a very early one. Probably the first one to two years that they were made. The serial number is a low 12XXX. It is all blued with a little wear. I know that these guns were started with the serial number 3001 from the little research i have done. My question is, is my gun worth any more because of its low serial number? If not, what is a fair cash price i could ask? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

You might be able to get as much as $100 for it...and I'll take it!
    ​O|||||||O

Damn these guys are wicked quick ain't they.

Me, I don't got a good answer for ya. Generally I try to find something comparable on like gunbroker etc and see what they are trying to get and what they are actually getting.

I know I went to the NRA show the year those things first came out and happened upon a real good guy in their booth. It took that gun apart all the way and showed me the innards and such. I was quite impressed by him and the gun.

It was also marketing genius to come out with a super over sized 357, then when sales dropped off introduce a 44 that sold like hotcakes, then when things tapered off offering a kit to make your 357 a 44 which they said at first couldn't be done. Now the saga continues with the 50 AE etc.

Wicked smart on their part.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default I would

Quote Originally Posted by jcfranks View Post
    I recently got a Desert Eagle .357 in a trade. This model is a very early one. Probably the first one to two years that they were made. The serial number is a low 12XXX. It is all blued with a little wear. I know that these guns were started with the serial number 3001 from the little research i have done. My question is, is my gun worth any more because of its low serial number? If not, what is a fair cash price i could ask? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    think not. Not to sure that gun was ever one of those GOTTA HAVE GUNS. why not just keep the fokker and shoot it like u stole it.

ur gun shows over 9K areout there, I would not call that acollectablegun due to serialnumbers.I seriusly doubt if DE sold many of anything.Mount it on a tank, and it fits, carry it and u will be crippled for life. We stockedone back in the early days and it set there for years,
    Last edited by jocko; 12-08-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

They do seem to ask a lot online. Around $1300 NIB for the black ones. Condition probably means more than serial number/age. I agree with Jocko. Shoot it! Neat gun but kinda a novelty.
    ​O|||||||O

I don't think they have a very high value because of caliber. Why would anyone want a gun that heavy in only 357? Most that buy the Desert Eagle novelity guns, go for the .50. The weight helps tame recoil and the 357 works in small guns. People seem to ask a lot for anything in the D.E. line, but how many actually sell them? I have also found most that get one, including myself, get them in trade because they are extremely hard to sell.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Jeepster09 is exactly right! Desert Eagles remind me of Thompson-Center contender single shot pistols. You start out new and pay big bucks for them. But wait til you try to sell it! You will probably never get what you paid out for it. Just the facts of life. The only difference I see is that you WILL probably get the amount back paid for the Desert Eagle.....eventually. I bought a .50AE from a local gunshop, used. The asking price scared me! $800.00! It was the matt chrome finish, worn in spots, etc. My first thought at the cheap price was that it had been abused, shot with lead bullets, or some such. I took a chance and found there was actually nothing wrong with the pistol. Why did they sell it so cheap? I have no idea, but I made out like a bandit on this one, and I've been shooting it for the last 5 years with no problems at all. I've always been the kind of guy that see's the glass as half-empty, a pessimist if you will, but the shooting gods were working in my favor the day I bought that pistol!