I have recently purchased a Kahr P9. I have been shooting Glocks for a year and train quite often in groups and private training for concealed carry and tactical training. I have always used my Glock 19. I am quite used to Glock and firing the Kahr has proven to be difficult for accurate and quick follow up shots.

I carried the 19 for a while, but after a while it became more of a hassle than I could cope with and given I'm 5'9 and 165 lbs, it prints like a mofo on me. So I went with the Kahr. The Kahr carries wonderfully! However, it is just very difficult to shoot for me. Add the fact that all of my training is done with Glocks, coming back to the Kahr just makes me feel like I'm having to relearn again and again.

For those that train regularly with Glocks and have owned or do own a kahr. Does it get easier as time goes on? I get that if you don't train tactically and regularly, this isn't that big of a deal as anyone can shoot a paper target in a standard range... But keeping muscle memory for me is a big deal. That, however, is matched with the strong desire to have a firearm that conceals well and is somewhat tolerable.

My main issues is the trigger of the Kahr. I love how smooth it is, but the really long pull and reset on it make things very difficult to get straight shots and quick follow ups without taking my time and pulling the trigger very slowly. The other issue I have is keeping a firm grip on the small frame... With the Glock, it's thick enough to where keeping a firm grip requires very little attention for me... but with smaller framed pistols, my hands feel as if they're wrapping around too much and therefore I guess my hands tend to naturally ease up on the grip to compensate... if that makes sense. But primarily, it's the trigger.

I'm quite sure that if I stopped shooting Glock all together and focused in on the Kahr, I would be fine. However, I don't think that I would want to carry the Kahr for anything other than concealed carry in the city due to the lack of capacity.

Any opinions from those in a similar situation are welcome. Any tips on getting used to the Kahr trigger are very welcome... and particularly from those that train tactically and swap back and forth between the Kahr and Glock.