Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: From Glock to Kahr: How to get used to the Kahr?

Listening to some of you guys, I guess I'm lucky and didn't know it. I'm 6'1" with a 41 waist. My CW9 vanishes under a 2X T-shirt. I only carry OWB in a Tagua Quick Draw Holster (tabs on the ends) and a heavy belt. I don't even know it's there. Maybe that's another way I can counter my doctor always telling me I need to loose some weight.

You are right about lack of consistency re PPS and Glock. But I cut my teeth on HK so its not too bad. Im used to going between the two styles and love the weak hand only easy of getting the mag out.

I also went from Glocks,G21,G36, to a CM9, and had the same questions,using the CM as a sometimes pocket carry. then IDPA made the BUG Div. official and I stopped using my Glocks and the CM became my EDC/BUG competition gun.
    my opinion is don't mix apples and oranges,stick with one gun especially when triggers are so different.

how did I get used to the Kahr trigger? reps,reps,reps! have you ever shot a service rifle? I compare that experience to the Kahr; take up slack,feel the wall,press a little further,BANG.

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

I do find myself that I shoot a Kahr better when I don't stage the trigger but just follow through. I've heard others say the same so I'm not the only one.

Of course if staging works for you then by all means, that's the ticket. I've tried it and still do from time to time but seems the follow through works best for me.

My Para LDA's are just the opposite, staging is the answer but it's not an apple and apple comparison either.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Just one smooth long pull works best for me.

Some folks don't have much trouble going from one style of firearm to another but they are the exception.
    Masaad Ayoob shoots anything and during a class I was in someone asked how he does it. In my recollection he said when he switches carry guns he dry fires the
    "gun of the day" a few time just to reconnect with guns feel and, he lets the trigger come out to full extension while still maintaining contact with it. Another words, he doesn't just go to trigger reset, he says doing that with all those different guns could lead to issues, i.e. not going far enough to re-cock the gun.

My suggestion is to set the Glock aside for several months. Only train with the Kahr. Try different grips and trigger positions on your trigger finger until you see what works best for you. You will get competent with the Kahr, although your groups will still be a bit worse than the Glock. And, don't worry. Even after 6 months of only training with the Kahr, I bet your groups with the Glock would only have improved when you do pick it up again.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

one word will solve your problems; practice,practice,practice. sorry, three words!

NRA LIFER
    IDPA BELEIVER

A Kahr is a good pistol. Put 200 rounds through it in one session and all will work out. A Dark like my MK9 fits situations where my H&K P30SK wouldn't for concealment. Regardless, have reloads and be prepared. Also use a reliable defense load that works in your Kahr or really any other weapon.