Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber?

Default One in the chamber?

I am just curious how many of you guys carry your EDC weapon with one in the chamber? I have a CM9 that is going to be my new concealed carry gun and I am contemplating weather to carry one in the chamber of a gun that has no external safety. I know ultimately it is personal preferance, but I just wanted to see what others are doing.

Thanks.

Default Here we go

again.

Yes, one in the chamber. Too old to even think about racking the slide if I have to pull the gun.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I didn't know there was anutter way to carry a defense weapon. damn learn sumpin ew every day.

u should do also what u feel comforatable with, as the answers ur gonna get here right now are not on the same track as ur thoughts are..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I was where you're at until about 2 months ago ... now I'm where they're at ... and I carry AIWB. When you actually stop to think about it it doesn't make sense not to ... you can't anticipate what your eventual scenario is going to be so it's best to be as prepared as possible. You just have to do it ... once you've done it a couple of times it's no big deal.

Always, always. One in the chamber. For me anyway. It's been tossed around here before and I'd say 80-90% of the folks here hold the same position.

Given the Kahr design and how tight they can be and what it takes to chamber a round, my PERSONAL thought is that of all the guns out there you could carry, the Kahr is the one you definitely don't want to carry without a round in the chamber.

You don't want to flub up a slingshot when your life depends on it. That's harder to do with other pistols, but easy to do with a Kahr. Particularly a new one with < 1000 rounds thru it.

Default Re: One in the chamber?

Every second counts in a situation if you need fight for you life. The safety on the P/CM9 is the very long trigger pull. With a holster that covers the trigger gaurd and proper handeling of a firearm (treat it like its loaded), there is little to worry about.

This is a very good video by Massad Ayoob that covers a lot of these points.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZnO...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That was my thinking all along. My CM9 has less than 300 rounds through it and is still very stiff. I really don't want to have to sling shot the slide and have the first round not chamber if my life were on the line. I have a few guys at work that carry and think it is too dangerous to carry one in the chamber. My thinking is it is too dangerous NOT to carry one in the chamber. Six-plus-one in the chamber it is !

Boy, that was easy.

Default Re: One in the chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Finfan64 View Post
    That was my thinking all along. My CM9 has less than 300 rounds through it and is still very stiff. I really don't want to have to sling shot the slide and have the first round not chamber if my life were on the line. I have a few guys at work that carry and think it is too dangerous to carry one in the chamber. My thinking is it is too dangerous NOT to carry one in the chamber. Six-plus-one in the chamber it is !
    Yep, how many revolvers use an external safety? Long heavy trigger pull is normal. Some people even recommend leaving the cylinder empty on them too. Modern double action revolvers have drop safetys built in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Everybody, has one in the Chamber! ok?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”