CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the chamber?

Default Condition Butterscotch

That video is hilarious.

"I have STDs". That is funny sh!t.
    NRA Life Member

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Col Jeff Cooper

I may not be an expert but I can recommend from personal experience... Carry with a round in the chamber! You may neither have the time or the ability to rack the slide. There can be instances when just fractions of a second can mean a ride in an ambulance or not. And how many of us have developed and mastered a technique to rack the slide with one hand?
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Without a round in the chamber a gun is nothing more than a very short handled club. A baseball bat is more useful than a chamber unloaded F/A/ IMHO
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

^ Agreed!

Faux King? Isn't that a reference to Chinese royalty?
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
    I may not be an expert but I can recommend from personal experience... Carry with a round in the chamber! You may neither have the time or the ability to rack the slide. There can be instances when just fractions of a second can mean a ride in an ambulance or not. And how many of us have developed and mastered a technique to rack the slide with one hand?
    and as well as u should know to.nice post. Always makes me think that when a person asks that question, that he is not a "gun" person . So maybe instead of sme of us pounding him like a nail in a board, give him some slack of "just not knowing"
    What might be a dumb question to us,must not be to dumb of a a question from the person who is asking the question.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default One in the chamber?

Great video. Think I will try it. But I'm putting a round on the barrel BEFORE assembly. Then I can yell 'this thing is loaded' while he's stabbing me....

Don't own a glock...is there no slide pin on one?

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    and as well as u should know to.nice post. Always makes me think that when a person asks that question, that he is not a "gun" person . So maybe instead of sme of us pounding him like a nail in a board, give him some slack of "just not knowing"
    What might be a dumb question to us,must not be to dumb of a a question from the person who is asking the question.
    Were the h*ll is Jocko and what have you done with him???

I'm just sayin...
    Last edited by Barth; 12-14-2013 at 06:14 AM.

I started my gun career as a hunter. We always carried our shotguns and rifles with one in the chamber safety on. I've never carried a double action revolver that wasn't fully loaded. My first semi-auto was a 1911 which I was trained to carry Condition I. I've carried a gun most of my adult life and never experienced a negligent discharge. Gun safety is no accident. Carrying with one in the chamber maybe a personal choice, but not carrying one in the chamber can be a matter of life or death.
    Last edited by muggsy; 04-21-2014 at 07:20 PM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380