Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: One in the chamber?

Condition Butterscotch
    "99% or 100% of people carrying a loaded gun with a round in the chamber.
    Will shoot themselves or someone they love in the face"

Just rewatched that video.
    It's just too funny

If you can't reasonably carry in C1 condition then you have no business carrying! Keep your sissy butt on the porch then! LOL

If I remembered correctly, one of the old Border patrol agent said it correctly. A person asked him if it was loaded and he quickly pointed it out to that person who asked! Of course it is. Cause if it wasn't, the damned thing wouldn't be dangerous!

Your Kahr striker springs are not loaded until you begin to pull the trigger, so carrying with a round in the chamber could not possibly degrade the spring. That is one of the reasons I consider them one of the safest guns. Add in the striker block that only lifts at the very end of the trigger pull and you have one very safe gun. The only way it goes off is to pull the trigger. Never put your finger on the trigger until you have the gun clear of your clothes and holster and have it pointed at your target. Of course any gun is only as safe as the person holding it.

Why do people get so freaked out about a round in the chamber? If you have a quality firearm, and you practice safe gun handling, what in the world would you be worried about? This age old debate STILL baffles me.

dustnchips, your statement; "Of course any gun is only as safe as the person holding it." There's NEVER been a truer statement about gun safety!! Amen!!

I always carry with a round in the chamber. Get a holster that covers the trigger, and keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to shoot. If the thought of a semiauto with a loaded chamber bothers you maybe consider carrying a double action revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Your Kahr striker springs are not loaded until you begin to pull the trigger, so carrying with a round in the chamber could not possibly degrade the spring. That is one of the reasons I consider them one of the safest guns. Add in the striker block that only lifts at the very end of the trigger pull and you have one very safe gun. The only way it goes off is to pull the trigger. Never put your finger on the trigger until you have the gun clear of your clothes and holster and have it pointed at your target. Of course any gun is only as safe as the person holding it.
    Having a sacked striker spring was the primary reason I carried wheelies for so long. The fact that the spring is not fully loaded until the trigger is pulled on a Kahr, is the reason I'm willing to try again.

you might be better off with a hammer if you don't have one up the tube