Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle Carry

The best place I found awhile back for the holster shirt was the NRA store. It will be hot, the is a ton of padding under each arm and the pocket is large enough to store a Desert Eagle 50AE. Any Kahr would be lost in it. That being said it works. I have one, I rarely wear it, it just doesn't feel right.
    I'd try to go slightly tight if you try one, I think that would help.

One officer wore one bowling with a unbuttoned shirt over it. He went to toss the ball and the gun followed the ball about half way down the lane. I honestly don't see how that could have happened, they seem much more secure but I guess being bent over and the sudden stop could make it happen.
    He walked down and picked it up, no questions, no problems.

Most fanny packs have a little string sticking out one corner that you pull to open the pouch, don't really have to unzip really. Not a great deal but to me somewhat better than velcro which announces to the whole world that your opening something.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a NewBoianchi fanny pak that is belt adjustable and the gun (kahr fits perfect) fits behind the zipper fanny pak part and allu do is pull the side of the fanny pak and it opens perfect.ly. I wore it once and the guys I riad withg made me ride in the back and wear a bra, so I have never used it again. I would sellit cheap to anyone interested. I can assure u is is as new as new can be. It does as advertised abd Bianchi doesn't make sh!t products as u well know. PM me if ur interested. I guarantee u full return priveledges to.. I am told it is a big seller with the Goldwhinners peole, as most wear a bra anyhow.... Just sayin

Bianchi model 4410
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Jocko, Funny you should mention this as I have an LCP strictly for those times that I want to pocket carry in jeans or pockets too tight for my Kahr and was just checking to see how it fit in one of my little camera pouches.

I have a couple of "lumbar packs" which is the fancy outdoor hiker speak for "fanny pack" that I use when I'm out hiking already to carry multitool, flashlight, bottles of water and power bars. I could likely adapt one with a holster in the back to carry one of my pistols. But, I keep running into the problem of the access being sssllllooow.
    What would be ideal is one of these regular outdoor packs with a rip-away velcro front that would allow access to a gun compartment. Wish I had some sewing skills.

Bra included?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default its

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Bra included?
    a training bra, would not be of interest to you. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Thanks Jocko, will keep yours in mind. But, I'm going into project mode right now with the stuff I have. If one of these doesn't work, I'll drop you a PM.

Anybody used one of these? Looks about like what I had in mind and would probably be great for car carry as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilGhqA4WjD8

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    TusconMTB should be along pretty soon ..... I consider him somewhat of an expert on this subject
    Thanks for the kind words, Surv! Looking forward to hearing about your Dove hunting trip . . .

Yes, I ride nearly every day either a fancy road bike for longer rides or a mountain bike for the 20 mile round trip to our local range at the Pima Pistol Club. I carry anything from a little .380 to a 1911 with ease in paddle holster. For carry, my favorite is a PM40.

Bear in mind that with our temperatures here in Arizona, my clothing is usually soaked with sweat by the end of the ride. I know, too much information, but the point is that a plastic paddle holster, from Fobus or Galco works best under the moist conditions. They are cheap and easy to wash.

My shorts only have a drawstring at the waist and my jerseys are very lightweight but the pistol in the paddle holster is always secure and comfortable, not to mention very easy to reach at the traditional 4 o'clock position.

At the same time, it is very inconspicuous. I once stopped for a conversation with a local sheriff's deputy who was on a motorcycle without him making any comment about the 1911 I happen to be wearing at the time, for my range trip. Oh, and you can put a fair amount of ammo for your range session in a spare water bottle, if you have more than one bottle cage on your mountain bike frame.

If I feel especially concerned, which is very rare, I flip the bottom of the jersey up and tuck it behind the grip to expose the pistol, allowing for lightening fast access.

It is not uncommon to find me wandering the aisles of our local Safeway grocery store to pickup an item on my way home from the range while carrying a dirty 1911. Aren't cell phones wonderful for "honey do" reminders?! Anyway, I have never had a comment, despite the relatively high percentage of California snowbirds who winter here and like the same store.

Life is good!
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I thought about several things to try when mountain bike riding, like a t-shirt/pocket rig or a smart carry holster, but anything like that would get soaking wet with sweat on some of the rides.

Off body carry like in an under seat or handlebar bag was out for me as I do not want to get separated from it while away from the bike and it would be super slow to access.

So I have settled on using a fanny pack with two zippered pouches. The cm9 works great in the back pouch. I did attach some paracord to make the zip cord on that pouch a little longer and easier to grab. Maybe at some point I should look at a fanny pack dedicated to this purpose, but I had a few to choose from at home already.

The fanny pack does not seem to attract any attention from others on the trail and the free pouch portion is handy to keep my keys and wallet in.

Hopefully you will find something that works for you.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

I usually ride in cargo shorts for the short trips that I make (10 to 15 miles) and just carry my J frame in my right upper hand pocket. Almost as easy to get to as when standing up.

Don't carry in the lower pocket as it will drive you nuts banging around on your thigh.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.