CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle Carry

In summer I usually ride in shorts with a P3at in the waste band at about 830 position with a shirt pulled down over it. In winter I just stick it in my jacket pocket. That little KT has been sweat on so much I think it would stop working if I didn't sweat on it every once in a while.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SHOOT STRAIGHT, RIDE SAFE

The 5.11 pouch is worn in the front. And yes, it is zippered, but there is a nylon tab that extends out of the pouch that can be pulled on for quick access, rather than fumbling with a zipper.

Default Camera Case

I had a camera case that fit the Ruger perfectly.Time to unzip, aim, fire is just under 3 sec. About the same as my speed from a pocket holster. Gonna give this a try and see how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by JLeephoto View Post
    I had a camera case that fit the Ruger perfectly.Time to unzip, aim, fire is just under 3 sec. About the same as my speed from a pocket holster. Gonna give this a try and see how it works.
    That looks good, especially if you are dressing like that for your rides. Anything that will not look out of place with your clothing and setting is useful.

Besides comfort and familiar access, that's the main reason I go with a plastic paddle holster on my waist in about the same location one often sees a cell phone on a cyclist when we are in our "clown suits" for a serious ride.

Stay safe and keep the rubber side down, sir.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Thanks Tucson, I certainly won't wear jeans on my rides but I don't think this will stand out with cargo shorts. I may try a paddle but I've never had success in concealing them under a t-shirt and I leak a lot! I've never had one of those fancy jersey's with the pockets in back. That might offer more options.

I would definitely use some sort of a pouch on a belt. I could not imagine trying to conceal IWB while riding a bicycle. Also would be worried about it just falling off.

Small to medium fanny pack in front works for me. I sometimes use it when I go to big events (with a big gun) like swap meets or car shows. Plus, it's one second to unzip by the sweeping my right hand left to right. This is also my preferred carry for airplane loaded with wallet, watch, pens, glasses, ereader etc. thru security then redistribute before boarding but always great for the ticket, glasses and ereader on the plane. Good luck.

I always carry my P380 in my shorts whether I'm riding a bike or not. It keeps people from asking to borrow it. And it's briefs. A P380 will fall out of your boxers.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Looks like the camera case works with that 380, but depends on what you wear....because you need the belt. If I had pants and a belt, I would not hesitate to carry IWB with Tshirt and the Remora. Fanny bag would also work about the same for biking. My wife uses one. Would not appear that unusual while biking, although I personally don't care for fanny's that much.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I won't road bike around here, too many rednecks that hate bicyclists and too narrow of roads. A friend that takes "road biking" rather seriously as in "rents car, drives 1000 miles, rides bike back home camping out along the way," just bought a Taurus Tracker with 6 inch barrel to mount to his bike frame.

I'm not a fan of guns mounted to anything, other than my body.

When I have biked in large parking lots during last spring, I carried my Kahr CW 45 in thumb break holster. I wore a reflective vest which covered most of the holster.