Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new AR is born!

Very nice build.

I have shot A LOT of that PMC Bronze ammo and it works well. It's amazing how tight of a group an AR will shoot.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Very NICE, and great job!!
    What kind of scope do you have on it and why did you pick that particular one?

Quote Originally Posted by BEARDOG View Post
    Thanks guys! I am real happy with the way it turned out.

Greg you have good eyes! ...yes that is a CMT billet lower, very, very nicely made lower with some real nice features, and they were super people to deal with as well... Do you have one too ?
    I also have one for myself (did not start on it yet) with the Gadsden flag emblem engraved on the mag well ... They just recently came out with matching billet uppers that look great too so I am going to probably pick up one of those for my build.
    Cool and thanks for the info on them. I don't have one myself, but I've being checking them out. I want a lower with the USMC Eagle, globe, and Anchor on it. So far, I like the CMT and Quentin Defense lowers that have it on them.
    Again, well done on your build and thanks.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That's a fine looking and fine shooting AR-15. I don't know why everyone thinks that PMC is poor quality ammo. It's made to SAMMI standards in one of the most modern ammunition plants in the world. PMC is inexpensive ammunition but it isn't cheap. The results you saw prove my point.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Very NICE, and great job!!
    What kind of scope do you have on it and why did you pick that particular one?
    Thanks!
    The scope is a Redfield Revenge 3x9... Why, is because thats the one my dad picked out ... It is very clear and bright, and has a neat accu ranging reticle. Redfield is also owned by Leupold, and it seems like a nice scope for the $

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Cool and thanks for the info on them. I don't have one myself, but I've being checking them out. I want a lower with the USMC Eagle, globe, and Anchor on it. So far, I like the CMT and Quentin Defense lowers that have it on them.
    Again, well done on your build and thanks.
    Regards,
    Greg
    Greg do you know what type/grade aluminum Quentin uses?

I know CMT uses 7075 T6.

Greg do you know what type/grade aluminum Quentin uses?

I know CMT uses 7075 T6.
    Good question and it's been a sticking point with me on the QD lower. I like it's features and look plus the company is in Arizona, but QD has posted on Arizona Shooting that they use 6061-T6511. I imagine it will suffice, but I would prefer 7075.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks all!

Thanks!
    The scope is a Redfield Revenge 3x9... Why, is because thats the one my dad picked out ... It is very clear and bright, and has a neat accu ranging reticle. Redfield is also owned by Leupold, and it seems like a nice scope for the $
    Thanks, we have an eotech on our Daniel Defense and are happy with it, but we are considering a scope for longer distances.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Good question and it's been a sticking point with me on the QD lower. I like it's features and look plus the company is in Arizona, but QD has posted on Arizona Shooting that they use 6061-T6511. I imagine it will suffice, but I would prefer 7075.
    Regards,
    Greg
    OK thanks, I kinda figured that since they didn't specifically say in the text...
    I am no metallurgist but IMO it is comforting to have the 7075.
    CMT claims that it is " a 65% increase in strength & rigidity over 6061 aluminum receivers"
    That is good enough for me.

Not sure about any other features of the QD...But the CMT no roll pin assembly is great, and the upper tensioning screw is real nice too.

I have only one issue so far, and that is mine don't allow gen 3 pmags to lock in. Works fine with gen 2 pmags (My lowers are very-early below 00500 ser#'s) Because magpul decided to add a "stop" to the gen 3's??? I had to dremel them off to get the new gen3 20 rders to work I ordered for dad. No big deal, but I didn't expect it when I ordered the mags.

BUT, I just noticed on CMT's Gen 2 lowers they say they fit gen 3 pmags so I guess they changed their design to accommodate Magpuls "upgrade" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Thanks, we have an eotech on our Daniel Defense and are happy with it, but we are considering a scope for longer distances.
    thanks
    I hear that, I have an Aimpoint PRO on my SHTF AR and it is a very nice RDS and purposeful... But after shooting Dads and making such nice small groups I am looking to get a good AR scope myself. Not sure what I'll go with but thinking about the Nikon M223's and Leupold Mark AR's. There are so many good choices for the AR's. Good luck!

Also, Here are some AR scope/mounts package deals to take a look at;
    http://swfa.com/Optic-Packages-C4618.aspx