Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volunteer to Work for Kahr to do Break-in Period?

Default Volunteer to Work for Kahr to do Break-in Period?

I'm sure this is not an original thought or question, but how many of us would be willing to work for Kahr for FREE, just to perform the infamous break-in period for the likes of the CM9 and PM9? Before you make a rash decision and say I'm crazy, think this through:

1. Kahr agrees to put YOU on a list of one of their many chosen shooters to help them complete a "Pre-sale Break-in" for all Kahrs.
    2. They send you a brand new CM9, PM9, or any other Kahr that needs 200-400 rounds shot through it. Kahr also sends you the ammunition needed for the break-in period.
    3. You spend some quality time at the range of your choice, shooting a great gun and ammunition you did not buy. Once you break in the brand new Kahr, you give it a deep, professional cleaning and lubing.
    4. You send the broken-in, clean, lubed gun back to Kahr in a box provided by Kahr with a shipping label prepaid by Kahr.
    5. Kahr can now sell a gun that is guaranteed to shoot without failures straight from the box (a claim made by Glock & others).
    6. Kahr's reputation and base of satisfied customers improves, and they make millions more from selling guns that are "ready to protect and defend" with no need for the customer to spend extra money, time, and emotions doing their own break-in period.
    7. You get no money from Kahr...only the enjoyment of shooting their guns and ammo, and the satisfaction of knowing some happy customers can feel confident that their new Kahr will perform without hiccups on the very day they take it out of the box. Truly, no customer will need to "wait" for their new Kahr to become dependable.

Hey, software developers do this all day long with Beta testers. Why can't Kahr step outside the box and let us help them become the great company we all want them to be?

Let me know your thoughts. In the meantime, I'm giving Kahr a call...
    Last edited by sierrajb; 09-22-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar corrections (gotta make it right!)
    God is good, ALL the time!

My only problem is once I fall in love it's usually forever and I'd have a hard time sending the freshly broken in guns backs. Shooting, cleaning caressing and then gone. Be tough for me.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Bonding....James Bonding...

Know exactly what you mean, Bawanna! If you love something, let it go...

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    My only problem is once I fall in love it's usually forever and I'd have a hard time sending the freshly broken in guns backs. Shooting, cleaning caressing and then gone. Be tough for me.
    Kinda like when people raise seeing eye dogs from puppies and have to let them go when old enough to be trained and go to their new owners.
    Notables:
    Kimber Custom II 1911 .45 ACP ("How sweet it is")
    Kahr CM9 9mm - Trijicon night sights, Wolff 5# striker spring
    Glock 19 Gen 3 9mm - Meprolight night sights, BTGuiderod stainless steel captured guide rod, Ghost Ranger trigger connector, Vickers mag release
    Taurus 85 Stainless Steel .38 Special
    1977 Smith & Wesson 19-4 2.5" .357 Magnum - Wolff springs, Professional trigger job
    1955 Hi-Standard Sentinel R-100 .22lr
    1958 Marlin Golden 39-A Mountie .22lr
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by Markis82 View Post
    Kinda like when people raise seeing eye dogs from puppies and have to let them go when old enough to be trained and go to their new owners.
    Actually that happened to one of our sgts. Theres a picture floating around of me with the yellow lab they raised as a service dog in front of the armored truck. Was tough when his time came to leave. The outfit discovered he did'nt get along with other dogs well enough so they got it back. Great dog.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Yeah, I made the offer some time back. I only wanted them to pay for shipping, FFL, and ammo. Somehow the math doesn't work for them with $60 shipping, $100 FFL & CA paper work, and $90 for ammo based on 9mm factory stuff. That would add $250 per gun. Their rep would go up but the competition would have a field day. Of course their "new" guns then become used because they have been registered once.

I agree it IS a great idea and like others I would love to become a certified Kahr Armorer and do it, but it would be cheaper for them to hire someone and do it themselves.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Aw heck, Bawanna. You can always scratch your initials into the slide so a part of you goes with it.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I agree it IS a great idea and like others I would love to become a certified Kahr Armorer and do it, but it would be cheaper for them to hire someone and do it themselves.

Very true, OldLincoln! So true, it makes me wonder why Kahr doesn't hire someone to break-in their own guns. Call it Quality Control, Guaranteed Customer Satisfaction...whatever, but think of the advantages it would give the company AND the customer.

Nice work if you can get it.

Kahr already has a relationship with Cylinder & Slide whose least expensive reliability package is over $400!

I think they did a lot of the work on Jocko's PM9 . . . you know, the one that has an impressive record of thousands of trouble-free rounds!

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I'm in. Just send the guns and ammo my way.

I promise not to get attached to any one gun since I know the assembly line is sending me another one. I think you call that..... love um and leave um