Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PM9 - new owner / range report

Default PM9 - new owner / range report

justified this after my DB380 has proved unreliable - actually went to the gun store at lunch to buy the P380, but liked the 9mm platform and ergonomics of this PM9 better - got the black ss model - really like this gun - quick range trip results below:

Kahr PM9 - new out of the box, spray lube At 15'
    Remington UMC 115gr MC ($14.50)
    First 5 - perfect, very accurate
    Second 5 - perfect
    Third 5 - perfect
    Fourth 5 - perfect
    Fifth 5 - perfect
    Sixth 5 - perfect
    Seventh 5 -perfect
    Eighth 5 - perfect
    Ninth 5 - perfect
    Tenth 5 - perfect

Speer Gold Dot +p 124gr gdhp
    First 3 - perfect
    Second 3 - perfect

I get the feeling I could run anything through this gun and it'll take it - without incident...

VERY PLEASED !!!

I have had no problems with mine and I`m at the 1500 round mark.I replaced the recoil spring at 1200 but even then it was only because that`s the recommended interval,not because of any problems.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

what was going on with your diamondback? jams?

good to see you over here....you will have a lot more good things to say about this weapon. You did pick a winner!!! enjoy.

RCG
    .......It's that you shot!

Stay thirsty my friend!

99% of the Liberals give the rest of them a bad name

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead1971 View Post
    what was going on with your diamondback? jams?
    much of the DB380 issues out in the field are highlighted here:

ConcealThis.com – Your Concealed Carry Resource Diamondback DB380 .380 Pistol – A.K.A. Mini Glock

and here

DiamondbackTalk.com View forum - DB380

Thanks. Interesting. On the first link, I went right down to the unbiased reports. I saw one diamondback recently. It looked kinda cool but I guess the bugs will have to be worked out over time. I have a #371 LCP which I intend to keep. The first #370 numbers had issues. The PM9 had issues too when it came out--peening barrels.

One thing is for sure, 9mm ammo is in greater supply at this time and cheaper. I have the crimson trace laser on mine and love it. I have ordered some small grip extensions for the short flush 6 rd magazine, and I should get them soon. I have a little over 1,600 rds through mine with only 3 fail to feed issues with ball ammo. Two happened less than 300 rds and the last happened recently but I think the gun was dirty. Welcome.

no kidding on 9mm ammo - Wal-Mart $9.47 for Federal - needless to say the 380 ammo shelf space is empty !!!

Same here, I just put 1200 rounds thru my PM9 with no problems. I just changed the recoil spring also because it is recommended. All and all I'm super happy with mine and it is my everyday carry.

I just ordered 2 new magazine springs (1 for 6 rd mag and 1 for 7 rd mag) from wolf to have in my tackle box.

has anyone had to change out their magazine springs? I keep mine compressed 24/7 so at some point the springs may weaken.

Default a good

Quote Originally Posted by deadhead1971 View Post
    I just ordered 2 new magazine springs (1 for 6 rd mag and 1 for 7 rd mag) from wolf to have in my tackle box.

has anyone had to change out their magazine springs? I keep mine compressed 24/7 so at some point the springs may weaken.
    idea just to have them around, in case. I like the 5% more power wolffs mag springs over the kahr factory springs, for it is the strength of the magazine spirngs that actually makes that follower engage that slide stop lever correctly. I wish they even made them in 10% more strength.

those new springs won't eat one thing deadhead, so good idea, just change at will. I see no round count on mag springs. they normaly will last longer than the shooter will. But it is just cheap to do and can cause no harm..