Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigger P/CW 380?

Quote Originally Posted by SGT5711 View Post
    I was just thinking the other day, I would like to see an all steel K380.
    I've been wishing for a steel version of the P380 for a long time.

I think that a up sized version of the P380 would sell. The PPK hasn't done done all that bad sales wise for a lot longer than Kahr has been around. There are shooters who need that half inch of grip and barrel to make the gun more manageable. Hell, I'd buy one just to have one.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Smile

My wife owns two .380's: Her P380 for CCW and a SIG P250 subcompact for nightstand/range duty. While the P250 is significantly larger than the P380, it has a doublestack 12rd mag, a very similar trigger to her P380 (although the P250's trigger is true DAO), the slide is very easy for her to rack and recoil is very mild so she likes to practice w/it (she's petite and recoil-shy and doesn't like to shoot a lot of rds through her P380 when at the range).
    Tomac
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson

Tomac,

Good to hear on the Sig P250, I will check that out when I find one. I think an up sized, but same width P380 would be interesting. A skinny handgun for sure, but definitely easy to shoot with the .380.

Muggsy,

I was thinking of about an inch more barrel length and about 3/4 - 1" longer grip frame for this. I would have to mock it up to get the right sort of dimensions for me, but the issue would be whats good for most people, not just me.

The steel frame P380 would also have some interesting applications for this idea as well. You could change grips obviously, but what about making a set of harder grips out of something like G-10 that extend below the grip providing more purchase? The steel frame would allow this, unlike the polymer. I only think the grip length increase would make new shooters feel more comfortable, and it could be reversed when they gain more experience.

Whether you add a 1/2" or 1" your still talking about a very small handgun. An inch increase in the grip length would give you 2 more rounds. Hell, I'm open to about anything.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Muggsy, I had not shot the P380 with the seven round mag, so I do not know how much that adds to the end. I can say, I get about one and a half, or maybe 2/3rds of my fingers on the grip of the P380 and it is still soooo easy to shoot. I will have to mock something up with some scrap kydex to simulate a longer grip next time I am out at my buddies house. Once I hit the limit to post pics, I will....

ReManG, if the Kahr PM45 and CW(.45. .40, & 9mm) owners can't even get Justin to sell flush fitting magazines for said pistols, I seriously doubt he's going to make a bigger .380.

We're still waiting for the announced CM45 and CW380.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Armybrat,

I am not trying to get Justin to make a new pistol, this is just a thought exercise for me, figured I would see if anyone else had similar views. A wish list is free, and I was not aware of the flush fitting magazine issue for the other CW and PM pistols. I can only imagine what Kahr has to do to make a change to one of their 80 listed pistols. Considering that they were founded in 1995 and in 18 years they have 80 pistol variations, purchased Auto-Ordinance and Magnum Research, I know they have a lot on their plate. Kahr started with one 9mm design, and are now at a huge advantage in the market with their CW designs being very comparable to other manufacturers in price. I like the Kahr designs and anyone that has a firearm that is not custom has more than likely at some point thought "what if....". I hope I did not stir up your internal frustrations with Kahr on your issues with the magazines, not my intent. I am simply speculating due to a current issue I am having in looking for a pistol for the daughter, but only finding revolvers suitable for her and her current skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    ReManG, if the Kahr PM45 and CW(.45. .40, & 9mm) owners can't even get Justin to sell flush fitting magazines for said pistols, I seriously doubt he's going to make a bigger .380.

We're still waiting for the announced CM45 and CW380.
    Man can accomplish anything if he puts his mind to it.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Remang. IMO ur daughte ris better off witha wheel gun for numerous reasons, which has been stated on this forum....
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY