Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I dislike Glocks

I was so close to buying a Glock at one time. They do have a pretty decent reputation, seem to have tons of accessories and parts available, and are available almost everywhere. A couple things I wanted that the Glock does not provide, 1. Milled slide for optics, my eyes are getting bad, a red dot is a life saver. 2. Ergonomics, Glock feels like a brick in my hands. Maybe just me, but I held a S&W M&P .40L CORE and it fit like a glove. It is very tame shooter, hardly any felt recoil. 3. Trigger, the stock Glock trigger I really didn't care for, granted the stock S&W trigger leaves much to be desired too, but after the Apex kit in it, it is one sweet trigger now. One reason I bought the CM9, I really liked the trigger on it, one of the best I've felt outside a competition pistol. I can't say I really dislike Glocks, but I guess they earned the reputation they have. I just didn't find it all that impressive to me overall. I wanted to get a Glock 30 after reading Massad review on them, but it too felt like a brick in my hand, even the SF model. Plus, they are ugly. I am curious about the new Caracal that was designed by Glocks ex-designer, seems it is a evolution of the Glock design.

BTW I do own two Toyotas, a Sienna and a Camry. I was a devout GM man until a few years ago.

Default Why I dislike Glocks

I love them, I have a 19,26 & a 20. I love my Cm9 but If glock had made a single stack 9mm I don't know If I would have bought the Kahr.

It took a company not having something I had the need for, for me to look at the Kahr. I'm glad I did, I carry this gun more than others, and man it's a shooter.

I don't have a problem with Glocks, but the new finish (smooth, flat grey) on them sucks. It doesn't look that good to me or seem very durable. I looked at four G30S pistols the other day and all had damage/wear to the finish from just being in the factory box.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by oppi27 View Post
    I love them, I have a 19,26 & a 20. I love my Cm9 but If glock had made a single stack 9mm I don't know If I would have bought the Kahr.

It took a company not having something I had the need for, for me to look at the Kahr. I'm glad I did, I carry this gun more than others, and man it's a shooter.
    Glock is releasing two new models at SHOT this year, the G41 and G42. Rumor is the G42 is a single stack subcompact, possibly 9mm.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Molon Labe

I have heard their single stack is a .380. Not interested.

Several gun rags with inside information say the new Glock 42 compact will be a small thin single stack 9mm with .40 to come later and will be a direct competitor to the S&W Shield and will be very similar in size....Still not a true pocket pistol but is being marketed as a LEO backup pistol.....We shall wait and see but it sounds interesting for anyone looking for a compact reliable CCW for IWB carry.....Still aint a Kahr though...

would be nice if it was a 9 andnot a 380..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I don't own a Glock and agree with the OP on the reasons. I ordered one before they hit the 10k serial # point. I had an FFL in the 80's and early 90's and had a cop friend ask me to get one for him. I wasn't impressed then, I'm not impressed now. My biggest objection is the fanboys on the forums. I've actually warmed enough to poly guns to now own several. I just refuse to ever add a Glock, even the name sounds like what I step in when I visit a ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    would be nice if it was a 9 andnot a 380..
    I agree. I just can't see it being a 380. But I sure like the size of the gun in this pic. Hoping for a 9
    Last edited by oppi27; 12-03-2013 at 03:40 PM.

I would have no doubt thatit willbe a good gun. They will be a true competitor to all the small compact makers, IMO, if it is small enough, to pocket.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY