Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Berry's bullets?

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Default Berry's bullets?

I ordered 500 Berry's in 380 to give them a try. They seem to have good reviews. Anyone try their bullets? What cal? Like them? What were your experiences with them? Thanks. Appreciated.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

We've loaded 9mm in berry's and had no problems. I haven't pulled out my records but I believe we loaded them to cast lead standards because the berry's we had were plated bullets, not FMJ. I don't know if they come any other way.

I have loaded several thousand rounds with Berry's Bullets. Have loaded mostly 9mm, but also 45, and 41 mag. I use higher end cast lead loads. Most Unique powder. All shoot great, no problems.

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    We've loaded 9mm in berry's and had no problems. I haven't pulled out my records but I believe we loaded them to cast lead standards because the berry's we had were plated bullets, not FMJ. I don't know if they come any other way.
    That's my understanding as well, but I plan to confirm before putting them through my press. Thanks.

Yep, load these like cast lead. I don't have my manuals in front of me (out in a tower blind bow hunting right now), but if my memory serves me right, I believe cast powder charges are about 10-20 less than FMJ powder charges....is that about right (for same weight bullet)?
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

GB:

I've used Berry's DS in .451 since 2006 without a problem.

I believe Berry's recommends keeping the velocity under 1200 fps, so almost any loading should be fine as long as you keep that in mind. Not too hard to keep below that as long as you don't load for magnums.

HTH,

-steve
    -NRA Life Member

-It isnít Islamophobia when they really ARE trying to kill you!

-Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.
    Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    -Thomas Paine

I've used Berrys in .380 auto, 9mm luger, .38 spcl. and .45 auto. They provide excellent accuracy at a reasonable cost. Good quality.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I've used sever thousand 240gr .44 in my suppressed Ruger 44/77. Very satisfied.

I have also pushed them to 1525fps out of a 10" fast twist MGM barrel on a Contender with excellent results.

The Berry's for my wife's 380 arrived yesterday. I checked them out and they were well made and those I weighed were the same. Good quality for range. She still has a good inventory of ammo, so I don't know when I will get around to reloading some. At least I am ready to go for the 380. Thanks guys.
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"