Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magna-port

Default Magna-port

Well, I finally have some time and place to try out my ported P40 tomorrow. I had it ported 2 months ago and can't wait to try it out. If i like it I will do my MK40. I will give some feedback tomorrow night. I know all of you will be on the edge of your seats just waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by 5Kahrs View Post
    Well, I finally have some time and place to try out my ported P40 tomorrow. I had it ported 2 months ago and can't wait to try it out. If i like it I will do my MK40. I will give some feedback tomorrow night. I know all of you will be on the edge of your seats just waiting!
    Thanks for taking some of the heat off me. I got mine back 2 weeks ago and the folks waiting for a report are starting to get unruly. I'm hoping to try my K40 out next weekend. That's the plan anyhow.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Where can I find pictures of these Magnaported kahrs? I am considering it for my P40 project.
    Thanks!

I would like to see some freeze frame photos from different angles to see what the flash/blast is like. Come on guys, Surely I'm not the only one with a digital camera that takes videos.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Copper&Black View Post
    Where can I find pictures of these Magnaported kahrs? I am considering it for my P40 project.
    Thanks!
    I posted some pictures of mine here someplace. Not sure how to get them here. I suspect a search with the word magna port would show them. They do a beautiful job and they look great. I'll see fi I can find em and send them to the top. I think I have them on my computer at work.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    I posted some pictures of mine here someplace. Not sure how to get them here. I suspect a search with the word magna port would show them. They do a beautiful job and they look great. I'll see fi I can find em and send them to the top. I think I have them on my computer at work.
    I guess all your gonna do is look at pictures and never go out and shoot that K40 your had magna ported--huh???? I'm packng up now and headed ur way, not sure where you live but if it's in the U.S. I will find you. You better grease those two wheels up u sit in, as they won't outrun my ol Harley

Default Not me

I know what a magna ported gun can and will do, and your about to enter the world of "ported" guns. You will love it, ..

Just ask Bawanna how he likes his:32: oh forgot he has never shot it

Bawanna you should be carrying a bigger stick. Personally, I don't mind the snap and pop, in fact I kinda like it. But yes Magna Port does beautiful work, they also do some smithing too...
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Well, I just got a chance to try out my P40 magna-ported and I like it ! Feels like I'm shooting a CW9 with +P ammo. Actually, it feels like shooting CW9 using double tap 124gr +p which I know they stop making. I used 50rds standard range fodder 180gr S&W FMJ. Then I tried 20rds corbon 135gr HP. The corbon was a little snappy but I expected it. 135grs is light stuff. I had to do a quick session but I'm real happy. If I had to throw a number out I would say 35-40% Less felt recoil? What was really important is my accuraccy improved ALOT and my follow-up shots were faster and more accurate much faster. I'm real happy and I plan on doing my MK40 and PM9. The session was done outdoors during daylight so I did not notice any extra muzzle flash I was not set on fire and there are no holes in my cloths! I plan on trying it out at a indoor range in dim/dark setting. I would highly recommend magna-porting. I don't have any pics yet of the magna-port job but its clean and well finished looking.

Default nice report

Well, I just got a chance to try out my P40 magna-ported and I like it ! Feels like I'm shooting a CW9 with +P ammo. Actually, it feels like shooting CW9 using double tap 124gr +p which I know they stop making. I used 50rds standard range fodder 180gr S&W FMJ. Then I tried 20rds corbon 135gr HP. The corbon was a little snappy but I expected it. 135grs is light stuff. I had to do a quick session but I'm real happy. If I had to throw a number out I would say 35-40% Less felt recoil? What was really important is my accuraccy improved ALOT and my follow-up shots were faster and more accurate much faster. I'm real happy and I plan on doing my MK40 and PM9. The session was done outdoors during daylight so I did not notice any extra muzzle flash I was not set on fire and there are no holes in my cloths! I plan on trying it out at a indoor range in dim/dark setting. I would highly recommend magna-porting. I don't have any pics yet of the magna-port job but its clean and well finished looking.
    and about as I expected. Magna porting is about like kahrs, can't just have one. You will really feel a nice difference with the MK40 ported, One of the better mods tha tI did to my PM9 IMO..