Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new

Thread: DE1911 forum ???

Default DE1911 forum ???

Has anyone seen the Maytag repairman lately? Heard he was over here somewhere. Sure is quiet.

It really is isn't it. I know I love mine. Think I might put it back in the holster for a time. If I get to the range on Sunday I think I'll bring it along, been awhile.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

It is one outstanding 1911. I guess the reason for the lack of posts is that it works since the majority of posts on other firearms seem to be complaints or those looking for help. Guess somebody will inherit mine one day. Till then she's mine.

I hear the crickets chirping....

You know, I stop by here once a week or so to see if there are any new threads, and have to agree with you gentlemen. I believe the lack of constant posts is due to the fact that it's just too damn good and well built a 1911 to complain about. I'm over 1500 rounds now with my 1911G, and every one of my shooting buds that comes to the range with me has the same exact reaction once they shoot two or three mags though it. They look at the pistol, look at the target, look at me, and say something to the effect of "You paid how much?". Then shake their head in disbelief when I tell them it was $700 out the door. I have put a set of VZ Operator II grips, Kimber 3 dot night sights on it, and still plan on bobbing the mainspring housing at some point (planned on doing that a year ago, but spent the money towards a Marlin 1895 guide gun lever-action 45-70, which is far too much fun to shoot than should be allowed), but even before these personal modifications it was near perfect out of the box.

I thought of bobbing mine as well but I'm semi afraid to mess with perfection. It's sweet!

Mine is still out of the box stock and I see nothing that needs changing. Accurate beyond belief with me driving.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Only changed the grips on mine. It's still good to go!