Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Done with Kahr...

Default Done with Kahr...

So... Despite all of the negative things I've read online and on this forum, I went out and got me a CW45... I love the look, and the potential it has as a CCW pistol. I got it used, for a very good price. Original owner put 20 rounds through it. I took it out, shot 12 rounds through it, and it sucked. Mag fell out on the 6th round of the first two... Loaded the third and found that it would not go into the magazine well because it has a crack down the back side. Emailed Kahr, got a quick response that my new Mag catch and a new magazine were on the way. Waited 3 weeks, heard nothing. I emailed again, they apologized and said they would put the order in again. Today, after a month, I got a package. Excited, I opened it up, only to find a magazine, but no magazine catch. Ughhh! I emailed them and told them to hurry up and send it so that I can get rid of the thing. Not impressed.

Aren't you going to see if the mag catch fixes the problem?

I'm done too. After a flawless 250 break in period, I started trying different brands of defensive ammo. It choked on everything.

Sold the CW9 yesterday. Back to old reliable, Mr.G19.

Welcome Newbies, Glad you came here to B!tch....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I give you 100 bucks for your junk cw45. I like to buy trouble shooters guns.

Bye fellas. Don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out. Some people are just hard to satisfy.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

It's been said before. Kahrs aren't for everyone.
    ​O|||||||O

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Bye and good luck. Too bad you had a bad experience. No hard feelings here. It's just a gun.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

I'm not saying either posters here aren't capable of working with a gun. It does seem however we get many random fu and goodbyes on these forums. If I thought a particular gun was garbage I'm not sure I would even waste the time posting about it. I just wonder if some people can't run some guns because of their complexity, unlike blocks. I believe some shooters don't take the time to look at all the details, break it down, lube it properly and things of that nature.

Maybe I'm wrong...
    This place isn't safe.

I have a friend who has just bought a CM9, he won't read the manual,take advice or clean the gun before using. I'll wind up with it at a good price sooner than later.