Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Done with Kahr...

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Ok getsome I know ur a modest person and hate to pat any one person on the back for ur fantastic welcome back when u came on and how that special person helped you to get ur gun running right. But say it like it is. OL JOCKO

who can walk on water--- as long as it is a 1/4" deep. Just sayin

Bruhhaaaahahhahhaaa!
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    OL JOCKO who can walk on water--- as long as it is a 1/4" deep. Just sayin
    As long as there are no steps and no glass walls. OUCH

sorry you got hurt Jocko but I couldn't resist.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

thank you tinman, ur always so sincere on this forum!!!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Glad you didn't get hurt when you busted your a$$ but you should know better than to wear pumps in a place like that, next time go with some low heal flats....

<sigh> Like the OP I've also had issues with a Kahr (CW9) that just seemed to be cursed.

I purchased one of the first production run CW9s years ago. I fell in love with the ergonomics and the trigger. Unfortunately it suffered from the dreaded 'nose dive' issue and wouldn't feed from either of the two magazines I had. Kahr simply couldn't get it to run right so after a few months of frustration I traded it off (with full disclosure). I always lamented the fact that a pistol with such great ergonomics just wouldn't run right. Fast forward almost eight years and I was once again on the hunt for a single stack 9mm with great ergonomics. I absolutely hated the Ruger LC9 I had been carrying - a terrible trigger even though the thing was utterly, boringly reliable.

About a month ago I was perusing the case at my local gun shop and spied a few Kahr CW9s nestled in there. I asked the sales guy, who's opinion and information I trust, if they've seen many Kahr's come back through for repair. He commented that their rate of return didn't seem any worse than any other quality brand and folks that bought them seemed to like them.

I bit my lower lip, figured that surely by now Kahr had the problems ironed out and asked what he'd give me towards the LC9. We worked a trade and I came home with a new current production CW9. I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive the next day when I took it out to shoot. I figured I'd start out with the worst case scenario so I didn't tear it down and lube it before this first outing.

To my delight and surprise the thing functioned flawlessly and now has about 250 rounds through it. There have been a few failures to go into battery with a new magazine but that's my fault because I kept on sling-shotting the slide (old Glock habit). When using the slide release things always work just fine.

I would like to think that my recent experience with the CW9 is now the norm with Kahr. It would be an awful world if such good ergonomics and such a great trigger were cruelly mated to an unreliable pistol.

at least you didn't give up the ship abnd never come back,U bought a lemon back then not much else to say, it happens. Not sure but I would bet this forum back then could have been somne great help to you. We have seen those issues before and thgeir are some thingsw to check out to see if they are the culprit.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Glad you didn't get hurt when you busted your a$$ but you should know better than to wear pumps in a place like that, next time go with some low heal flats....
    whats pumps??? Icouldn'tbring any pumps into washington, the laws forbid it,so I left my 8 shot mooseberg at home. Just sayin

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by downtownv View Post
    welcome newbies, glad you came here to b!tch....
    +1 on that

Kinda late getting in on this, but had my CW45 for a couple years plus. Have the original K9 and a CM9 also, all have been perfect from shot one except the K9. On the first mag had to push the slide forward about 1/8 inch into battery to fully seat one round. That's it! Why do some guys luck out and others feel bad karma? Don't know, but I bought a Taurus 24/7 45 that broke trigger before even firing. Got new replacement which was flawless, but the stigma was there in my mind. Yep...traded it for the CW45 and never looked back!

I got 4 I'm out too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4