Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bump fire?

Damn, that's awesome...I gotta learn that!

Ah, screw the ATF....I paid them for my SBR stamp, and my receiver is registered as a semi-auto, so they can take a flying leap as far as that goes...I meet the NRA requirements, there's been no modifications to my gun (except the EZ Pull springs), and by law, that's enough!

I wonder, though...will this method work with blanks? The recoil is a lot lighter with blanks, compared to live rounds....I guess a heavier-grain load might do the trick...
    Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

SA M1A1 SBR Thompson owner
    http://floridasmostwanted.webs.com/

I fooled around doing some research about this, and this is something I found that's cool:

Poormans Machine Gun

Check out the 'legality' section...he's got a letter from the ATF that defines a "machine gun", and they (the ATF) are telling him that bump-firing in not illegal by their standards....

Rob
    "Nothing wrong with shooting, as long as the right people get shot." - Harry Callahan

Wheres a good source for them ez pull springs again? I know someone mentioned it long ago but I'm not finding it now. I think I'm in love with my tommy again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

TommyGunner.com Semi Auto Thompson EZ Pull Recoil Spring Kit

I paid 50 bucks for mine about 5 years ago, and bought them from the guy who makes them, but I don't know if he still does....
    Rob

theres a guy on machinegunboards.com who sells them for 35 bucks. name is deerslayer. where I got mine from. get 2 new springs, a hamer attached to spring, and a buffer.

and Ghostrider is right, its not illegal by their standards, cause i dont think they can ban a type of shooting style, as you are conciously pulling the trigger. im busy paying taxes ect, so I can get my SBR projectdone, then its off to range to attempt to mag dump via bumpfire.

Ive never fired blanks, so dont know if it will work. I do know I want to look into modifiying the trigger pull to be lighter, will prob make bumpfiring alot easier like a ak47 and ar15. I can even do a 30 round mag dump with m1 carbine bumpfiring with ease.