Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW9 firing pin & chamber questions

not sure whatu call a loose chamber is gonna fokk up ur accuracy. Once that bullet hits the rifly and barrel it should straighten out like it is supposed to. Look at any mli8taryt 1911, that chamber is normally loose as a goose. I don't forsee this as an accuracy issue. What I do see is that mayb eu need some more range time with your kahr. They ain't a glock, their trigger system is totally different as u have foundout. It is loooong by design. certainly if you read moe on this forum ur gonna fin d out (I think) that ur groups are as good as anyone else here and it will get better as you get use dto the trigger system of a kahr. They ain't target guns,. Oh yes they will shoot um in the same hole, its just that98% of trhe shooters can't do it. If u ever shoot a wheelgun double action, I feel the accuracy withtem is about what ur gonna get with a kahr.. U never stated what u paid for this used gun either, so if it was within 50-100$ of a new gun, then maybe u outta buy new and at leat get a 5 year warranty on it. In my own mind, I don't think here is a thing wrong with your kahr. but most here will tell you my mind is shot to hell.

I use my self as an example, but I am a horrible shot, it takes a good gun with a dynamite trigger system for me to shoot good. I shoot all of my 3 kahrs terrible, but at 7 yards I feel 99% sure I am gonna put some rounds in a BG when needed. not sure where. I am just not a good loooong trigger shooter, but I ain't gonna blame my kahrs for my poor groups. If my guns could talekthey would beg me to not shoot them. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy56 View Post
    Thanks for the information, especially the firing pin/striker drag.
    Glad we could help. The pin drag is a surprise to a lot of people.

The Kahr is now back at the dealer for his smith to look at, especially since I paid top dollar for it.
    Having a local dealer to help is a good thing. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

. . . at seven yards hits were not predicable.
    I hate it when I have to agree with Jocko (just kidding) but, there definitely is a learning curve with the Kahr platform.

By way of example, my wife and I just recently started shooting a couple of J-frame S&W revolvers. Their trigger pull is as long as the Kahr trigger, but heavier. I shot the target below after about 500 rounds of practice. I would be embarrassed to post any of my early targets where some of the rounds were not even on the paper.

Yes, I can easily shoot as well with my Kahr. But, you would expect that after more than 2,000 rounds of practice.

If you stick with it, you will get there too . . . unless you take shooting lessons from Jocko.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

My MK9 has striker drag marks also...............normal.............I even shoot it at 25 yds...............I'm no crackshot, but I can hit the 10" target, and that's good enough for me. Practice, and you will get a lot better. As far as ammo, I use Fiocchi all the time, no problems..............you might want to try Lucky Gunner for your ammo needs. No promises...................

Quote Originally Posted by By way of example, my wife and I just recently started shooting a couple of J-frame S&W revolvers. Their trigger pull is as long as the Kahr trigger, but heavier. I shot the target below after about 500 rounds of practice. I would be embarrassed to post any of my early targets where some of the rounds were not even on the paper. :o

[IMG
    http://viewsfromtucson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Federal-Hi-Shok-Target.jpg[/IMG]

Nice S&W, good grouping! Nothing wrong with a .38 at conversation distance. I have 2 DA revolvers, an old .38 S&W police and a .22 Colt police target from my grandfather. Their not asthetically great, function very smooth, but I rarely shoot them. I'm more of an auto pistol guy.

The long trigger of the Kahr is smooth and no I'm not proficient with it yet. I'm more used to the short reset of my Glock ,the 559 in SA, or even my .357 Blackhawk SA. In fact I am somewhat concerned about habit and transition from one to the other.

As far as chamber sloppyness, this used cw9, is the loosest I've ever seen on anything! You could wiggle a cartridge side to side 4 - 6 thousandths, OMG!?! From all I've read, and people I've talked to, that's one more variation contributing to inconsistant accuracy. Sure the shell will seat on the shell rim, but off a 10 thou or 2 each time. So now the bullet mass starts off slightly out of line with the barrel.

Ya, I've shot some sloppy 1911s. The ones we were issued for qual. in the Corps (mid 70s) would be lucky to group 6 - 8 in. at 25yds. No doubt WWII or Korea, rebuilds. They always functioned though. Negatively colored my opinion of 1911s for years.

You guys are funny, no satire. A pleasure to converse with right minded individuals.

Veterans Day and USMC birthday tomorrow. Remember.

Default that almost

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    Glad we could help. The pin drag is a surprise to a lot of people.

Having a local dealer to help is a good thing. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I hate it when I have to agree with Jocko (just kidding) but, there definitely is a learning curve with the Kahr platform.

By way of example, my wife and I just recently started shooting a couple of J-frame S&W revolvers. Their trigger pull is as long as the Kahr trigger, but heavier. I shot the target below after about 500 rounds of practice. I would be embarrassed to post any of my early targets where some of the rounds were not even on the paper.

Yes, I can easily shoot as well with my Kahr. But, you would expect that after more than 2,000 rounds of practice.

If you stick with it, you will get there too . . . unless you take shooting lessons from Jocko.
    looks like my model 342. super nice gun. I should have never sold it.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Tucson: don't ever be afraid of "agreein" with ol jocko. It just shows the true man in ur to have to admit that someone stupidier than u was maybe "
    right".

Just sayin

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Follow up. Sad to say I'm no longer a Kahr owner. The store's 'smith agreed that the way over sized chamber was a serious problem and said they were shipping the cw9 back to Kahr along with the empty shells I supplied, some of which were the split ones.

I looked at a couple of other pistols and decided to just get a refund. The DA "style" trigger has been nagging at me as well. Just me on that one.

I sure did like the way that cw9 felt and that they managed to stuff a 3.5" barrel in there. A very neat design.

Many thanks again to all those who shared!