Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Xssights

Thread: P380 Update After 300 rds

Default P380 Update After 300 rds

My Wife's P380 has over 300+ rounds through her.

At this point the gun has been fed a steady diet of Winchester White box truncated ammo, some FED Hydra shoks, some Aguila HP's, and my handloads.

With new, factory ammo, the gun runs 100% once chambered. The truncated rounds may stick just a bit to first chamber, but once ready to go, the gun runs like a raped ape, and accurate. I have been shooting her one handed.

With handloads, any burrs on the case head will potentially cause feed stoppages at the breachface. Cases should be inspected at the case head.

The only issue with the gun at this point is that is does not go into slide lock with regularity. I have narrowed this down to lower powered rounds and heavy recoil springs.
    This is NOT really a big deal as my Wife does not carry a spare mag, and has no intention to reload.

I am digging this little pocket powerhouse.

Shown in the handmade clip holster.

Very nice! What type of reloads are you making, cast or jacketed? I am also wondering if you have polished the breech face and checked the extractor clearance with factory ammo. I noticed a marked improvement in the return to battery performance after finding out how tight the extractor held the case to the breech. I did the extractor rear pin shortening method and simply chucked the pin in a drill while holding it on 220 grit wet/dry paper. Shortening by about .025" and polishing the breech face allowed it to RTB all the time.

Very nice shooting!

I'm awaiting delivery of a new P380 hopefully this week. Planning on breaking her in with PMC fmj after I go thru the recommended prep.

I am loading 95gr. TMJs and WW231. The gun loves them. I just have to check and file off any burrs. It is a tight squeeze at the breachface. It is a tight package that is a real marvel, that as it mattes its parts together, just gets better and better. Nothing that needs altering at his point. Polishing probably would not hurt. I am having difficulty finding a polishing attachment for my dremel. I would like to find more Federal Hydra Shoks.

http://www.policehq.com/Products/FC-...G#.UoBctLt5shU

bam! order 4 boxes and get free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by booger switch View Post
    http://www.policehq.com/Products/FC-...G#.UoBctLt5shU

bam! order 4 boxes and get free shipping.
    Not a terrible deal, but ammo is not included in the free shipping deal. Too bad

I like my 380.it doesn't slide lock all the time but I figured it was weak mag springs.its so small and easy to conceal how can you not like it.

Default try this

Quote Originally Posted by xr1200guy View Post
    I like my 380.it doesn't slide lock all the time but I figured it was weak mag springs.its so small and easy to conceal how can you not like it.
    go to the wolffs gunspring site and hit on the kel tek springs and order the 10% more strengthg mag springs.they drop right in and will work perfectly. Might just solvbe ur issue. I think I would also order from karh anutter set of recoil springs for the P380, the combination of both will sovle that slide loccking thin. Although I do agree with you, unless ur carrying a spare magazine, why lose alot of sleep over that issue.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY