Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: confession time

I would have had a hard time letting that HiPower go but that T40 is a prize!
    ​O|||||||O

The Hi Power was nice. But I am hunting for a "T" model Hi Power . When I find one like I want then it will be a keeper for sure. I have a friend who has one from the 60s and it still looks brand new. He won't part with it though.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

Just remembered that I had order a 3 pk of 5# striker springs when I changed my K9 over. The T40 slide uses the same striker spring correct? My K9 trigger is sweet with this mod installed , so I plan to do the same thing with the T40 when it gets here. Should have it next week sometime.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

correct, same striker spring..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have a CW40 along with 40's of 3 other brands. I don't find any big deal with the recoil. I also shoot 45 ACP, 45 Colt and 357 Magnum. I also enjoy shooting 9mm and .380. Recoil is really overblown as far as I am concerned. Did I say I love my CW40? Yep...sure do. Oh and I am 61.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    correct, same striker spring..
    Great thanks for the confim.

Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    I have a CW40 along with 40's of 3 other brands. I don't find any big deal with the recoil. I also shoot 45 ACP, 45 Colt and 357 Magnum. I also enjoy shooting 9mm and .380. Recoil is really overblown as far as I am concerned. Did I say I love my CW40? Yep...sure do. Oh and I am 61.
    Warbird, thanks for the heads up. If you don't have a problem with .40 in the CW I think the T40 should be easy to shoot.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

I have a T40. I think the weight tames the .40 loads recoil to make it a nice shooting gun. Recoil is different for everyone. If I wanted none all I would shoot would be .22. I do find myself fatuging faster with .40 than 9mm. If I just shoot .40 I find myself getting shakey after about 70 rounds. What I do is shoot about 30 rounds of .40 then switch to my 9mm for a while and switch back to the .40 for another 30 rounds and continue doing this and I can shoot all day and stay accurate. I usally sprinkle in some .380 also. I stop shooting .40 when I start getting inaccurate because it seems like I'm just burning ammo at that point.

I hope you enjoy your T40 as much as I do mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I have a T40. I think the weight tames the .40 loads recoil to make it a nice shooting gun. Recoil is different for everyone. If I wanted none all I would shoot would be .22. I do find myself fatuging faster with .40 than 9mm. If I just shoot .40 I find myself getting shakey after about 70 rounds. What I do is shoot about 30 rounds of .40 then switch to my 9mm for a while and switch back to the .40 for another 30 rounds and continue doing this and I can shoot all day and stay accurate. I usally sprinkle in some .380 also. I stop shooting .40 when I start getting inaccurate because it seems like I'm just burning ammo at that point.

I hope you enjoy your T40 as much as I do mine.
    TANK, thanks for the tip on shooting the .40. I can't wait to get it in hand. Should be fun.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,