Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My CM9 failed today - updated...pistol on its way home!

Unhappy My CM9 failed today - updated...pistol on its way home!

Hi all -

My nearly new Kahr CM9 broke at the range today. I have yet to break it down to see what is going on inside, but the trigger stopped resetting while I was at the range today. I have put about 400 rounds through it and was testing out some JHPs to see what worked best and after 80 rounds or so, I put a new mag in, racked the slide and pulled the trigger...nothing, no bang! I thought maybe round didn't go into battery so I dropped the mag and racked the slide. Out popped the round. I tried it a couple more times to with no success. It won't even dry fire. What a bummer! Anyone have any insight to this? I assume I will need to send it back to Kahr, but I would love to know if this is common at all.
    Last edited by DG53; 11-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.

This is the second report of this issue I have seen posted.

It seems the standard "just shoot it like you stole it" doesn't apply this time.
    More like "just box it up and ship it" is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by MBSL500 View Post
    It seems the standard "just shoot it like you stole it" doesn't apply this time.
    More like "just box it up and ship it" is more appropriate.
    Nice

Default my 21 cents

Quote Originally Posted by DG53 View Post
    Hi all -

My nearly new Kahr CM9 broke at the range today. I have yet to break it down to see what is going on inside, but the trigger stopped resetting while I was at the range today. I have put about 400 rounds through it and was testing out some JHPs to see what worked best and after 80 rounds or so, I put a new mag in, racked the slide and pulled the trigger...nothing, no bang! I thought maybe round didn't go into battery so I dropped the mag and racked the slide. Out popped the round. I tried it a couple more times to with no success. It won't even dry fire. What a bummer! Anyone have any insight to this? I assume I will need to send it back to Kahr, but I would love to know if this is common at all.
    make very sur ethe slide it totaly closed andwhat we call in battery and if the trigger is still dead on arrival,. Then email kahr attn: Jay and state ur case andask for a pre paid pick up. It could vbery well be a trigger bar that is acting up.

More than likely the striker channel is not clogged up but again,has this area ever been cleaned ouot since u got the gun new.If there was osme maching sh!tin there it cold have just got impacted and then it throws thegun out of time. I thinkI would address that area before sending it back. Use that cleanout hole o the bottom of the slide or better yet go to the kahr tech section and find SLIDE DISSASEMBLY and do it that way and then ur sure it is perfectly clean.

IMO it is either the trigger bar out of spec for some reason or a gummed up striker channel. One u can fix and check out yourself, the utterIMO it needs to go back.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default seen this

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    This is the second report of this issue I have seen posted.
    on this forum many times. Just sayin.If something upsets thetiming on these kahrs, u will get a dead trigger..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Could it be as simple as the trigger bar spring?
    ​O|||||||O

If it was mine, I would remove the slide and pull the trigger to see what is happening.

I wonder if the slide will come off if it has a dead trigger!

very well could be the trigger bar is stuck down due to crap holding it dow

Quote Originally Posted by CJCM9 View Post
    If it was mine, I would remove the slide and pull the trigger to see what is happening.

I wonder if the slide will come off if it has a dead trigger!
    I tried to get the slide off still the range with no luck. I will try again in a bit, but I have the same question.