Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My CM9 failed today - updated...pistol on its way home!

Awesome! The CM9 is worth the trouble!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 4
    (this space intentionally left blank)

I had this same exact problem today with my PM9, which sux because I just got it back from Kahr a few days ago for a slide lock problem. My 1st round will go bang, but subsequent shots require me to manually push the trigger forward with my index finger to reset. I called them today and talked to Ian, who then transferred me to the armorer/tech who handled my previous R.A., but he wasn't in and I had to leave a VM. It makes me a very sad Kahr owner, especially after hearing so many good stories. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    You get your pistol back yet?
    I got it back today. It would have arrived last Wednesday, but I was out of town for Thanksgiving. Now I just have to regain my trust in it as a carry gun. That may prove to be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by DG53 View Post
    Hi all - I put a new mag in, racked the slide and pulled the trigger...nothing, no bang!
    Sorry if someone else already mentioned this or you
    know this already.

Kahr PM/CM9 has one known peculiarity. When

"racking" the first round it is recommend (in the
    manual and by experienced owners), you DO NOT
    grab the slide, pull back and let go, aka "Rack It".

To put the Kahr into battery you are suppose:
    Lock the slide back.
    Insert loaded magazine.
    Release slide with slide release.

On the good news, it seems there were no misfires.

That is my experience, 350 rounds and no malfunctions.
    You all have a great safe Christmas and New Years.

Default cm9 stopped firing

my cm9 had same problem. went to range fired 30 rounds, worked perfect, no problems whatever. came home cleaned it, reloaded carried it for 30 days. I started to clean it, but it felt really funny when trying to dry fire for disassembly. I got it apart cleaned everything really well. still would not work. I started checking each link in firing. when racking the slide, the trigger sear would not engage the sear/tang on the stricker, therefore not cocking the gun.. quite a shock to know you have been counting on a pistol for 30 days that does not work.
    kc5pnx

my cm 9 did same. wet to range fired 30 rnds . function flawless. went home and cleaned it. carried it for 30 days. started to clean it but trigger would not work. I got it apart and checked the firing sequence. when racking the slide the trigger sear did not engage the sear/tang on the striker. it is a shock when you find that the pistol you have been carrying for 30 days was not functional.
    it is at the factory for repair.
    I am going to have trouble trusting it now.
    kc5pnx

Default if indeed

Quote Originally Posted by kc5pnx View Post
    my cm 9 did same. wet to range fired 30 rnds . function flawless. went home and cleaned it. carried it for 30 days. started to clean it but trigger would not work. I got it apart and checked the firing sequence. when racking the slide the trigger sear did not engage the sear/tang on the striker. it is a shock when you find that the pistol you have been carrying for 30 days was not functional.
    it is at the factory for repair.
    I am going to have trouble trusting it now.
    kc5pnx
    ur gonna think that way, then IMO I would peddle it and move on. Sumpin happened, it is not the norm by any means but it is what it is. U should never be married to any gun, but because My PMJ9 has never let me down in 32K rounds + does not mean the next trigger pull that I will get the sensation that u got.

Let kahr fix it if this is continuing as it is not right that is what u have a warranty for...Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Not suggesting this is the source of your problem, but Kahr specifically says to insert magazine and use the slide release to chamber the first round.

I had the same thing happen to my CW45. Sent it back to Kahr, and from the paperwork they sent back, it looked like they did quite a bit of work on it.
    Great turnaround time. I was extremely pleased to see the USPS truck pull up exactly 7 days later with my pistol.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.