Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Kahr Triggers - All The Same?

Default Kahr Triggers - All The Same?

Newbie question. Are all Kahr triggers essentially the same throughout the product line? Is the MK9 essential the same as my new CM9? Or any Kahr pistol for that matter. Just curious, may want to expand my Kahr collection and it would be good to know. Thanks in advance.

There used to be two different triggers for the Kahr K9: an NYPD trigger designed for their specifications and standard on all basic K9s, and an ELITE trigger for the K9 Elites that was 1/8" shorter. Every other pistol came with the ELITE trigger. So you will read about different triggers. But nowadays they are all the same. It's only an issue if you buy a used K9 and it will say NYPD on the box.

Exception: there are new models equipped with an ENHANCED trigger. These are easy to recognize because they also have a manual safety and a loaded chamber indicator. ENHANCED trigger pulls are another 1/8" shorter than ELITEs.

They are all DAO
    ​O|||||||O

It's only an issue if you buy a used K9 and it will say NYPD on the box.
    That part is not totally accurate. Early K9s were not marked as to a trigger. The NYPD association came later when the pistol was approved for off duty carry and then later dropped by that LE force. The elite trigger was first used in the "Elite" model of 1998... hence the name, elite, actually describes a model, not only the trigger.

The inclusion of the elite trigger as standard in a K9 is a recent development. Most K9s will have the older, standard, longer trigger.

Are they all the same? The real answer is yes, theoretically but in practice you can feel differences between various models. Slight, but different.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't tried many Kahr pistols in the past, so I didn't have much experience with them.

I have a TP45 that I bought NIB from my LGS this past August. Its trigger is very smooth and is getting smoother the more the trigger is pulled. I dry fire my pistol in the evening while I'm relaxing; I shoot all the elephants that crawl up on my TV and blocks my view.

Kahrs are like potato chips - nobody can have just one.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

The vast majority of shooters will notice little to do difference since they generally own too few.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

I really like the trigger on my Kahr CM9, smooth and consistent pull until it breaks. If all of them are like this, I may want to buy more. At least I can practice shooting them elephants too.

Quote Originally Posted by otium View Post
    Kahrs are like potato chips - nobody can have just one.
    Wanna to bet?

My PM9 is the only Kahr that I currently own, have owned or will own in the future.

BTW, the trigger on my PM9 is great. Smooth as could be. Being on the long side doesn't affect me or my shooting, I began my handgun shooting experiences a long time with DA revolvers.