Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No BUGs in N.C.?

Default No BUGs in N.C.?

This happened today in a gun store near my home and I wanted to get it out there a.s.a.p. I was talking to a salesman and mentioned that I sometimes carry a back up gun especially in cooler weather because it`s easier to conceal.He informed me that he had just learned that you can only carry one concealed handgun in this state and that his cc instructor had recently gotten ticketed for a violation. He went on to add that other states were cracking down as well.Then he told me to carefully read the back of my cc permit and sure enough,it only refers to a handgun in the singular.i.e."A concealed handgun". Not handguns. I don`t know if he was right or not but I`m not taking any chances until I learn more. I suggest that all of the members in Kahr Talk with carry permits to check your state`s law carefully. Do any of you from North Carolina have any information ? How about you people in other states? How does your law read?
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Found this buried in our "Handgun Carry Permit" legalize.

"a permit issued pursuant to this section shall be good for four (4) years and shall entitle the permit holder to carry any handgun or handguns that the permit holder legally owns or possesses."

I would think this makes it legal to carry as many as you want, however I could easily be convinced otherwise.
    Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

I`m getting a lot of feedback from a forum in the Carolinas and a lot of them are cc instructors. They overwhelmingly say that you can carry multiple concealed handguns legally in North Carolina. One has sent an e-mail to the state AG`s office and I`m sure the definitive answer will come from there.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

In New Mexico, concealed carry permit holders are allowed to conceal one gun at any time. This is an open carry state so based on the wording on the back of my permit, I can conceal one and have one (or more, I guess) worn openly.

Default Heads Up Virginia

Our license states on the front, "...a Concealed Handgun.", singular not plural.

Here is NC's laws: http://www.ncdoj.gov/Files/About-DOJ...-gun-Laws.aspx

It says on page 15 : "C. Concealed Handgun Permit

As of December 1, 1995, certain residents of North Carolina may be eligible to obtain
    a permit which would allow them to carry a concealed handgun under certain conditions.
    N.C. Gen. Stat. § 14-415.11 No other weapons may be carried concealed pursuant to such
    permit."

That's still rather ambiguous......could simply have been been meant as a reference to knives, etc as in Colorado.

I now have the answer I have been looking for. According to the North Carolina Department of Justice, there is no statute prohibiting the carry of multiple concealed handguns as long as you have your cc permit and proper I.D. on your person. So that`s the name of that tune.

Good to hear you got the NC issue clarified.

Here in Arizona, they issue a "Concealed Weapons Permit". (emphasis added for clarity) It is not limited to handguns.

We are firearms only in Missouri. Any firearm is fine, but no knives, etc.

John
    Chief Administrator
    Kahrtalk.com