Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun

Thread: Actually bought another gun

Default Actually bought another gun

Went to the local evil pawn/gun shop the other day to get an idea of about how much to ask for a couple of guns I am thinking about letting go. Since the heart deal in June I've been doing a lot of thinking about just who in the family would even want my pistols and rifles and I come up with a big zero at this time.

Any how found a like new Taurus TCP 738 for $140.00 and went ahead an bought it even after I had made a resolution to no more guns and no more different calibers .

Took it to the range yesterday and broke it in with 100 rounds of FMJ and 25 rounds of JHP. No failures of any kind . So now I've got a new backup gun and pocket gun for the summer.

BTW - trigger on the TCP is very good. Long and smooth with about a 5 pound pull. I is however a pain in the hand to shoot so I'll only be shooting a mag or two once a month . At that rate I'm not going to reload for this one.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

Nice, I have shot one a few times and of all the guns Taurus makes I think it is one of the best. Congrats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Nice buy. I like .380s both as a BUG and even a primary should you not be able to carry something with more snot.
    Last edited by Bill K; 12-09-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by MW surveyor View Post
    Went to the local evil pawn/gun shop the other day to get an idea of about how much to ask for a couple of guns I am thinking about letting go. Since the heart deal in June I've been doing a lot of thinking about just who in the family would even want my pistols and rifles and I come up with a big zero at this time.

Any how found a like new Taurus TCP 738 for $140.00 and went ahead an bought it even after I had made a resolution to no more guns and no more different calibers .

Took it to the range yesterday and broke it in with 100 rounds of FMJ and 25 rounds of JHP. No failures of any kind . So now I've got a new backup gun and pocket gun for the summer.

BTW - trigger on the TCP is very good. Long and smooth with about a 5 pound pull. I is however a pain in the hand to shoot so I'll only be shooting a mag or two once a month . At that rate I'm not going to reload for this one.
    But daddy, have your forgotten me your favorite son! I predict your gonna out live me so the will don't matter to me much.

I don't like that pondering your demise kind of talk though, I figure your good for another 47 years anyhow.

You should discuss with your family what your pondering parting with, I'm available most anytime.

Your loving son
    bawanna
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    But daddy, have your forgotten me your favorite son! I predict your gonna out live me so the will don't matter to me much.

I don't like that pondering your demise kind of talk though, I figure your good for another 47 years anyhow.

You should discuss with your family what your pondering parting with, I'm available most anytime.

Your loving son
    bawanna
    ROFLMAO

Dad
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman507 View Post
    I'm hurt tinman, really hurt! I try to show a little family love and affection and I get this.
    Now I'd expect this from my other Dad Jocko or my favorite uncle Muggsy but you of all people, this is a new all time low.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Don't you have any single daughters...unhappily married daughters...? I'd even risk telling my wife that we should be Mormon because she could use more help around the house.....
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Unlike Jocko, I plan on living forever. Send them to me.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by garyb View Post
    Don't you have any single daughters...unhappily married daughters...? I'd even risk telling my wife that we should be Mormon because she could use more help around the house.....
    Got two married daughters with buns in the oven and a wife that's well beyond safe breeding age (good thing that she doesn't read this forum). Presently have one 2 y/o grandson and one 10 y/o granddaughter. May be able to leave the 10/22 for either of those. Also have 2 additional grandsons baking and due out end of January and end of May. (No not the same daughter. )

Being my usual self, I'll probably procrastinate and wind up not doing anything outside of putting tags on the dam things as to either who to give them to or how much they are really worth selling for.