Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW.380 XTP or Hydrashock?

Bosco, you asked about the video, so here it is, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlBSiIeTCI . Unfortunately it is woefully short of narration. There was originally some indication of using 9mm and .45. But He didn't indicate which was being used, or what exactly was the barrier being used. So, can't make too much of it.

Cynthia

While it is the 9mm ARX, this shows it shot thru 4 layers of t-shirt, leather skin, pork chop pecs, ribs, simulated lung tissue, ribs again, then 4 layers of t-shirt again. This test actually shows it over penetrating. How scientific or accurate it is, I really don't know, but it sure is interesting. That part starts about 14:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_CCeb-AbDQ

I like Paul’s pork chop rib test. Seems more “real world” than gel. I hope he does one with 380.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Very interesting. I like the meat and oranges testing.

I note that you can hear a lot of wind on the microphone. Also, in the last close up of the target, it could be seen fluttering a bit forward and backward. Wondering if the lighter round is more affected by wind.

Cynthia

That's the first video I've seen by this guy (Paul), and he really seems to know his stuff...excellent video. The one thing I would disagree with him on is fiddling around with the sights. In a typical self-defense situation, the shooter is absolutely not going to be using sights, IMHO.

Ya, I have to agree 100% with you on that. I can’t help to wonder if the lighter but same diameter 380 rd traveling at a slower velocity, wouldn’t have less penetration to make it just right so it would’nt over penetrate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I like Paul’s pork chop rib test. Seems more “real world” than gel. I hope he does one with 380.

Thanks for the links...interesting viewing.

I think I'm pretty much sold on these rounds IF they will cycle in my pistols.

I'm going to shoot up the three boxes I bought in a few different pistols and see if they like it. If so, I think it'll be time to stock up on a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Thanks for the links...interesting viewing.

I think I'm pretty much sold on these rounds IF they will cycle in my pistols.

I'm going to shoot up the three boxes I bought in a few different pistols and see if they like it. If so, I think it'll be time to stock up on a bunch.
    I've been trying to figure out what's up with the Ruger branded ARX, which reportedly has been discontinued. Apparently Polycase was bought out by Quantum Ammunition, which is a subsidiary of a group called Quantum Holdings, and Ruger decided not to do business with them. Of course it's possible that Quantum decided not to do business with Ruger. In any event, Quantum Holdings has only been around since 2014.

I went and ordered some of this. The cases are stamped "Ruger".

FWIW Ventura Munitions sells .380 ARX in 250 round bulk boxes. Cost shipped works out about the same as buying regular FMJ ammo by the box Price allows me to use it for range and carry. Works great. It’s also light weight which is nice in a pocket pistol.
    ventura-tactical-380-acp-56gr-fragmenting-fluted-rn-new-ammo-250-rounds

If anyone is interested, this ammo is possibly "Ruger Inceptor ARX" ammo. Here's the ARX I just received from Ventura. The cases are definitely stamped ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    FWIW Ventura Munitions sells .380 ARX in 250 round bulk boxes. Cost shipped works out about the same as buying regular FMJ ammo by the box Price allows me to use it for range and carry. Works great. It’s also light weight which is nice in a pocket pistol.
    ventura-tactical-380-acp-56gr-fragmenting-fluted-rn-new-ammo-250-rounds