I think people put too much emphasis on ballistics tests. They are usually done under controlled conditions, of which, will most likely never be the same as the conditions under which you have to use your firearm. I owned a carried a BG. Sold It. Not because there was anything wrong with it. It was a great little firearm for what it was. Great for carry. I found that it liked Rem. 102 gr. jhp's. It was sold because of accuracy and it didn't quite fit my mitts like I would have liked it to. Most people wouldn't want to be shot or shot at, with anything, much less what caliber is being used. Like some have said, carrying .380 is better than not carrying at all. No matter what ammo you use, I am sure that at short distances, the .380 will do what it was designed for. Personally, I use Fed. HST'S for all of my firearms. I don't own any .380's anymore, but when I did, I really didn't feel under gunned. The caliber has it's place. I would concentrate more on what works and is reliable, than whether it's speed is 1000fps, or 1100 fps, and whether it expands to a half inch, or five eighth's. When in doubt, empty the mag................I am sure it will be sufficient for what it's intended for.