Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock SHOT show unveling - .380??? .45 ACP long slide???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Glock SHOT show unveling - .380??? .45 ACP long slide???

I have been reading bout this elsewhere and don't know if it has been mentioned here. Rumor is the G42 is a single stack .380 that will be unveiled at January's SHOT show (SKU UI4250201). IDK if I like the idea of single stack as I have not had a good experience with the G36 I couldn't get rid of fast enough. Still something different from the company for sure.

The other pistol they are unveiling is the G41 (SKU PG4130101 & PG4130103 - low cap & hi-cap), which is also rumored to be a .45ACP long slide competition pistol (SOUNDS AWESOME). Said to be a street price of close to $800.

Just wondering if any of you had heard any more than this.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Every year there are rumors of a new single stack Glock and a Glock carbine/AR.
    This has been going on for some time now.

Why there continues to be no single stack 9mm has been a mystery to many.
    Glock already produces .380 double stack guns that don't meet US import standards - the G25/G28.

They currently produce long slide competition models in 9mm and 40 S&W.
    So a long slide 45 would seem to be most likely.

But I haven't heard anything credible about any new models.

Barth, apparently the SKU numbers refer to it being a micro single stack of some sort, fixed sights, etc, like VIN number on a car (got this from a dealer on another forum, and the two pistols are already listed in Glock's distributing system).

I actually have no interest in owning a single stack .380 from Glock as I carry my G19 most all the time now and I have an LCP for those times I need super small. It would have to be really awesome for me to bail on the LCP for that position in my lineup. Glock usually doesn't usually equate to "small" in any realm, lol.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Default maybe they

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Every year there are rumors of a new single stack Glock and a Glock carbine/AR.
    This has been going on for some time now.

Why there continues to be no single stack 9mm has been a mystery to many.
    Glock already produces .380 double stack guns that don't meet US import standards - the G25/G28.

They currently produce long slide competition models in 9mm and 40 S&W.
    So a long slide 45 would seem to be most likely.

But I haven't heard anything credible about any new models.
    need a smaller 45 double stack, as they lost the Indinan StatePolice duty carryt to Sig from their G17 9mm to the Sig 45. 1400 units is not chump change. I really thing glock is more concerned in keeping their law enforcement dominane over anything else. I wopuld think a singlestack 9 would be a much better choice tha a singlestack 380. Someone out there has to know the true poop on what they are gonna comeout with.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Based on the ad, (of a Zippo lighter) staing that it is the only thing smaller that fires everytime, or something close, at least one of the guns is super small. If it is a single stack 9mm it would have to be no bigger than its rivals, i.e. the XDS, Shield, Kahr CM9, etc. Glock is late to the party on the single stack 9mm market, so in my mind Glock will have to offer something dimentionally smaller, unless they are relying on the Glock name to sell a similar pistol to what is already saturating availablity in that catagory.

Should the model be a single stack .380acp locked breach pistol, it would have to be no bigger than its rivals. The only other locked breach tiny .380 I know of is the Kahr P380, and the CW380 budget version. (I may have missed others.) In the tiny .380 class, the blowback models do NOTHING for me. Slapping a Glock logo on a blowback .380 will not get my money. The locked breach Kahr P380 tames the recoil much better than a blowback gun, making it a pleasure to shoot. However, a Glock .380 the same size as the Khar P380, for similar dollars will grab my attention. But, with the Kahr budget CW380 just being released, Glock better offer superior reliability or something.

A functioning .22lr would not do it for me based on the dealer released list price. My statement has nothing to do with ammo availability or cost, as some of us buy ammo prior to panic purchasing. A pocket gun is generally a defensive gun. .380acp is the smallest, and reluctantly smallest caliber I would defend myself with out a tiny barrel. This small class of gun, like the Khar P380, or a J frame size .38spl, can drop in a pocket and give you a carry option when you may not have another. It keeps a gun on me. This is where this gun, should Glock offer it, would get my attention and my money.

A small 9mm or .380 would do it for me.

The single stack ultra compact 9mm is the niche they haven't filled, but everyone else has so why not? I won't be trading in my K and MK9s for one.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Default Re: Glock SHOT show unveling - .380??? .45 ACP long slide???

According to the Sportsmans Depot, the Glock 41 is a Gen4, 45ACP with a 5.3" barrel and a 13rd capacity.

Linky thingie:

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...PG4130103.html

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    The single stack ultra compact 9mm is the niche they haven't filled, but everyone else has so why not? I won't be trading in my K and MK9s for one.
    Agreed, but I have heard more reports that it is .380. Guess we will see soon. Hope they feed better than their only other single stack (G36)

Quote Originally Posted by Glock23 View Post
    According to the Sportsmans Depot, the Glock 41 is a Gen4, 45ACP with a 5.3" barrel and a 13rd capacity.

Linky thingie:

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...PG4130103.html
    And that would be a pistol I would love to own. The G21 and G30 are crazy easy to hit with anyway. A 5.3" barrel version will be awesome.
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

Default Glock SHOT show unveling - .380??? .45 ACP long slide???

Being late to the party with a single stack 9mm wouldn't make a difference. They would sell like hot cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by oppi27 View Post
    Being late to the party with a single stack 9mm wouldn't make a difference. They would sell like hot cakes.

Very true. Many of the Glock kool aid drinkers do not think they just see/hear about a new Glock and have to buy it no matter what. Kinda like Pavlovs Dogs.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up