CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up the 60LS

Default Picked up the 60LS

Met up with the guy selling the Smith&Wesson 60LS last night. Got it for $425 with 50 rounds of .357 mag JHP, the original case, and a concealed carry holster. Looked it over really good and it was as I remembered in great shape. Here are few quick photos.

Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Default Congratulations

Looks sweet!
    I'm a big advocate of 125 gr 357 Magnum Remington Golden Saber JHPs for self-defense in the three inch guns.

My N and K frames have much better triggers than the J frames.
    And get even better with a professional trigger job.

Enjoy your new Smith.

BTW, way back when, Smith actually used real stainless triggers and hammers in their guns.
    My 629-2 and 65-3 both came from the factory with real stainless steel triggers and hammers.

Even pre-lock, my 342 ti and 640-1 didn't have stainless triggers.
    But Smith did make stainless J-Frame triggers at one time.
    And those triggers fit in the newer guns.

I found two of them at Numrich.
    Had a gunsmith round, smooth and polish them in to DA combat triggers.
    IMHO that was icing on the cake.

I don't know about your newer K Frame as far as parts compatibility.
    Just guessing the older stainless trigger would likely work.
    But the stainless hammer maybe not.
    The older guns had the firing pin on the hammer.

very nice.

I would suggest that you dry fire it on a routine basis until your trigger finger and grip/wrist completely marries up with the gun. By the time you can keep your sights fixed on a thumb tack in the wall 12-18 inches from the muzzle while dry firing, you will have built up the muscle memory you need and considerable smoothed the (already smooth) S&W action. For me, working with any new revolver, 100 dry fires on the thumb tack (aka "wall drill") does much more good than 100 live fire rounds at 7-10 yards.

Congratulations on the good deal.

JD

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post

JD
    +1 . . . That is one of the nicest J-frames that Smith & Wesson currently offers.

With S&W prices set to rise about $100 for 2014, your timing could not be better.
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Enjoy! Great gun at a great price. Hard to beat. I wouldn't care about it saying Lady Smith, or even if it had pink grips, as long as it got the job done.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Looks sweet!
    I'm a big advocate of 125 gr 357 Magnum Remington Golden Saber JHPs for self-defense in the three inch guns.

BTW, way back when, Smith actually used real stainless triggers and hammers in their guns.
    My 629-2 and 65-3 both came from the factory with real stainless steel triggers and hammers.

Even pre-lock, my 342 ti and 640-1 didn't have stainless triggers.
    But Smith did make stainless J-Frame triggers at one time.
    And those triggers fit in the newer guns.
    Thanks for the heads up on the triggers. I didn't realize that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    very nice.

I would suggest that you dry fire it on a routine basis until your trigger finger and grip/wrist completely marries up with the gun. By the time you can keep your sights fixed on a thumb tack in the wall 12-18 inches from the muzzle while dry firing, you will have built up the muscle memory you need and considerable smoothed the (already smooth) S&W action. For me, working with any new revolver, 100 dry fires on the thumb tack (aka "wall drill") does much more good than 100 live fire rounds at 7-10 yards.

JD
    It has been pouring here all day and I have been dry firing it off and on throughout the day. Starting to get the feel for it and I really don't think it is that bad. Looking for some nice weather where I can go put some rounds through it.
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Just open a window or door. Instant indoor range.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonMTB View Post
    +1 . . . That is one of the nicest J-frames that Smith & Wesson currently offers.

With S&W prices set to rise about $100 for 2014, your timing could not be better.
    I didn't realize the prices were set to rise this coming year. Where did you hear that at? I'm have never been a huge revolver guy but every time I have seen one of these I have drooled over it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTman View Post
    Enjoy! Great gun at a great price. Hard to beat. I wouldn't care about it saying Lady Smith, or even if it had pink grips, as long as it got the job done.
    I agree if you are looking down the business end of this gun you won't give a crap that it says Ladies Smith! In my opinion a .357 mag is a heck of a defensive round. All the reports and data I have looked at show it to be very very effective.
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Quote Originally Posted by certified106 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the triggers. I didn't realize that was the case.

It has been pouring here all day and I have been dry firing it off and on throughout the day. Starting to get the feel for it and I really don't think it is that bad. Looking for some nice weather where I can go put some rounds through it.
    LOL I have done that on more than one occasion however the boss is here today and probably wouldn't appreciate it!
    Kahr CM9 = Flawless

Quote Originally Posted by certified106 View Post
    I didn't realize the prices were set to rise this coming year. Where did you hear that at?
    Hey, I read it on the Internet, so it must be true . . .

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...ng-way-up.html
    It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.
    -- Alice in Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland