CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr MK9 wood grip question

Thumbs up Kahr MK9 wood grip question

Looking for a MK9 and have some questions about the wood grips for it:

1. Are the wood grips thicker or thinner than the stock grips ??

2. Does anyone make black wood grips or a darker brown wood grips ??

Thanks for any info.

They are thicker...make sure you ask Kahr to send the wooden grip screws, the stock ones WILL not fit...

Offhand I don't know of any darker wood grips or black...you'd have to find a custom gunsmith who specializes in making grips to cut you some....

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post

Thanks for any info.
    At the risk of bringing on an onslaunt of grip orders and having to quit my day job (would that be so bad) I might be able to help. I make grips as a hobby. If you have a little bit of patience, I have access to an MK9, I could build you some. I can checker and even put in an inlay or pin or whatever if you want. I'm sitting here waiting for instructions from Ms. Zena on some pretty wood handles but other than that I'm ready to make sawdust. I always use the screws that come with them so mine must be thinner but if you want thick we can do that too. I usually just build em, and take whats offered, hopefully enough to cover some materials and in this case postage. Only mailed one set before, they went to Arkansas and now we're pen pals.
    Nice thing is if you don't like em, they burn nice in the wood stove and I'll try again till we get it right. Can't beat that deal.

O.K. You have piqued my interest. I was planning to either get the Walnut or Cocobolo grips...but...

I am interested. I will think about the inlay thing...possibly a Texas Ranger star or something. I am not sure whether half checkered (like the Kahr ones) or smooth would be appropriate but I am open to some ideas before the wood chips fly.

I also like the Springfield EMP gray checkered alum./titanium looking grips but I don't know how much work that would be.

PM me and we can exchange contact info.

Also, if you have pics of past grips it would help.

I'll do the PM and see if I can make pictures happen but it'll be tomorrow sometime.

That would be great. Thanks.

Please post any pictures or share your ideas with us. Even though I currently do not have the MK9 yet, it would be fun just trying to imagine custom grips for it.

Well I couldn't figure out how to send pics to a PM so I'll hang em here.
    I got some already in the file here but couldn't figure out how to get them attached. I'm techno challenged, also not much of a picture taker.
    Get your MK9 and we'll work on some wood. Swampman I'm researching yours. Open to any ideas anyone wants to throw in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

I like the darker wood with lighter "hints" of the Cobra and Para. I will send some pics a.s.a.p. of some different woods that "interest me" and some "logo" ideas.

BTW, your work looks excellent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post

Thanks for any info.
    1. I've only measured the K9 grips, and the stock rubber grips are the same as the wood grips.

2. Not that I know of. Sorry.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.