Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K9 vs MK9

Default K9 vs MK9

Excluding the NY trade-ins, which is the more desirable model between the K9 and the MK9.

I'm interested because I want to buy both of models and want to figure a realistic buy price for both of them.

Thanks

It's really a question of personal preference. The K9 is only about a half inch longer & a half inch higher. I've found that because they are the same width, they both work reasonably well as concealed carry guns. If you're a larger guy, probably a K9 would be better, but until you've tried both of them out it's almost a toss-up.

I concur. They are very similar. If you have large hands at all, K9 gets the nod. Both are easy to carry in a proper holster on a proper belt.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I personally own both of them and I love them both. The grip on the K9 is one of the best out there. I added the wood grips to my mk9 and I love the look and the feel. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I love how they both shoot and can make tight groups with them. If you have trouble deciding, buy both!

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post

I'm interested because I want to buy both of models and want to figure a realistic buy price for both of them.
    As you can see it's personal. I don't think you'll find either model more or less sought-after on the used market. Expect similar values. I've seen prices all over the board so some patience looking could be rewarding. Prices online for used steel Kahrs can be darn reasonable too. Happy hunting.
    ​O|||||||O

K9: 7+1, rubbery grips like an Otterbox, shoots like a Cadillac, conceals great.

MK9: smooth hard plastic grips, 6+1, shoots like a Cadillac sports car, better with a Pearce pinky extension. Conceals marginally better than the K9.

, both mine were bought used, so I can't help with pricing.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Thanks to all for your help ~ I think my post was not clear, I really want them both.

Safe and happy holiday to all!!

To me it depends on how you carry them. I personally can't pocket carry any of the Kahrs so it's belt carry for me and I can conceal the 3.5" brl as well as the 3" so it would be the K9 for me. We are all built different and dress different. Pick the one you like.

I have both. I wouldn't sell either. For pricing, look at places like Grabagun for new and watch gunbroker options for used prices.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

I also have both.

Bought the MK9 NIB in 2005 and carried 5yrs, maybe 4K down the pipe, it both in a pocket (AHolster) and IWB (CrossBreed SuperTuck, Romora, Bianchi 100).

It has even attended an intermediate pistol course and was the only going that did not choke all day. (1911's, XD, a G19 and revolver. Revolver choke was shooter induced during a reload, but still took two people to clear)

The gun is amazing and a real gem to shoot. The added weight of the steel frame really soaks up the recoil.

I bought the K9 used, I knew it was a problem child when I bought, but it was crazy cheap. Sent it to the Mother Ship and it was returned in under two weeks and has never jammed been a problem, not once.

The K9 is easily the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot. True match grade gun. The rubber grips are my favorite grips on any gun I own I 5K rounds, it have because my favorite skinny gun. I carry it more than the MK9, IWB or OWB. and ever in a SmartCarry when I wear loose trunks.

Both are amazing guns, the K9 wins out for the grips and accuracy, but barely.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative