Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bang Time ~ Eagle vs Sig 9MM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bang Time ~ Eagle vs Sig 9MM

There are too many people out there that don't know about the Baby Eagle and maybe it's to our benefit, my keep the prices reasonable.

Because if they ever caught on, the public would find out what they have been missing. Although heavy for some, with the exception of a Walther P22 (my wife's toy), I don't own a single plastic gun out of 30 I currently own.

But with Hogue finger groove grips, and this may crack you up, I added a rubber checkered backstrap from an old pair of Pachmayr Hi-Powers and boy does it feel great. It's really hard to say which one is my favorite, but the Eagle feels about the best I have in hand.

And so I took an opportunity to shoot two that were very similar in features, my Sig P226R and my full steel Eagle..w/rail, both in 9MM.

First is magazine capacity and since I don't use the stock magazines for either the Sig or Eagle, I use MecGar anti-frictions. The Sig has an 18 round count and the Eagle 17. The balance without any doubt goes to the Eagle as for me, a natural feeling pointer in hand.

There is also the subjective statement that the Eagle is a better looking gun and while the Eagle angles a bit like a Luger in your hand, the Sig is simply square. My Sig has a beautiful barrel popular tilt lock up, but my Eagle is Browning style locking lugs on the barrel. Superior in my humble opinion.

But what goes missed in action, while the Sig has the typical "lands & grooves", the Eagle is blessed with polygonal rifling. With the teaching I had with my early H&K's, poygonal rifling is the far superior. By keeping all the gasses trapped behind the bullet, you get performance that L's&G's could only dream of. At 50 feet, I am at the very least an inch tighter on my groups with the Eagle.

Bottom line while I own 9 Sig Sauers, I will soon have a mint conditioned P226R "Texas Commemorative" with 4 magazines, that comes with a beautiful set of Sig wood grips with a single "Star" and extra set of Hogue grips for sale as soon as I get the chance.
    Being that I own two P226's, the funds will be used to purchase another Baby Eagle in .40 S&W.

5 stars for the Baby Eagle in 9mm.
    Last edited by Flieger; 12-19-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Not a single response.

That's what I'm so very happy about. The secret is still intact. $499 for a NIB .40 Baby Eagle is resting in the nest.

It is rather odd isn't it. I'm not familiar with either platform very much so I was kind of watching from the sidelines.

I think we need to some pictures to get this thread moving ya know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post

That's what I'm so very happy about. The secret is still intact. $499 for a NIB .40 Baby Eagle is resting in the nest.
    very underrated and lesser known (good) pistol. I was looking at one of these closely but found a used K40 instead. I'm sure I would have been happy with either pistol.

But you are right -- the secret is mostly a secret right now. Thanks for talking it up.
    ​O|||||||O

Yeh Bawanna,
    I have Photobucket, I'm just lazy at this point. Sorry, I will try.
    This is one of the many CZ 75 clones, but in my opinion, the best of the breed.

One other feature that makes it different than other handguns is the slide rails ride inside the frame as opposed to, like my Sig P226, ride on the outside or sit on the frame. This certainly makes it slimmer, but in my opinion, it's stronger as well.

In the 80's, H&K's big selling feature for their P9s and P7's were their Polygonal rifling. It's one of the BIG reasons to buy a Kahr.

It's simply a great gun that is overlooked.

I recently purchased a compact model and have been pretty pleased. The DA trigger will take some getting used to but the quality of the gun is awesome.

I have a sig 229 .40 cal, that is among my most accurate shooters.Hard to argue the BE Price, although, I never seen or shot one.
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

I just bought one in .45 acp.

That's how much I respect it.

Now that doesn't mean I would sell my Sig P226 either.
    USN ~ Retired

I bought a Baby Eagle 9mm compact (short slide) several months ago to replace a Sig P239 that I gave to my daughter to replace the S&W 640 she gave to her mother who recently decided she wanted to learn to shoot and get a handgun for self-defense - too bad she hadn't decided to do that years ago when prices were lower. I liked the Sig and my daughter loves it, but I'm very happy with the Baby Eagle. I'd like to find a steel frame sup-compact in 9mm but I have not seen any at the gun shows since I started looking. I haven't seen any at any of the online gun dealers either. (Also, I would like to buy a .45 caliber Baby Eagle someday, but that will have to wait.)

I went to the website to check out the Baby Eagles and all the specs come up as conventional rifling.