Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: Conversion kits for 1911

R. Habermehl Guest

Question Conversion kits for 1911

Has anyone out there had any experience with the 22 LR conversion kits for the 1911 pistols. I have the AO Model 1911 WGS (Deluxe). The most convenient shooting range we use here in FL is cheap/hour but they require you to buy their ammunition which is not cheap. I've read a number of reviews about these conversions which are mostly positive but I still have reservations. Using 22 caliber ammo would certainly make the practicing easier on the pocket book. Anyone with conversion experience with AO 1911 either positive or negative?

Thumbs up 22 Conversions

I have a Kimber 22 conversion kit that I use on a Kimber Custom Target 45. It works really well and is a lot of fun to shoot and as you say a lot cheaper to shoot. I have several other 1911 45's and have left the conversion kit on the Kimber, FUN FUN FUN !!!! I bought mine at a gun show this year used (like new) for $225.00. Hope this helps.

Default 22 conversion kits

I too have a conversion Kit for my Kimber Pro Raptor 4" all steel pistol. It works great, but be advised for the action to cycle and reload properly you need to be using the good high velocity ammo. CCI mini mags works the best and quite accurate to boot. The 1911 conversion works on most 1911 guns with a full sized frame. It won't work on my 3" Kimber Ultra Raptor.
    Oh by the way...be carful to install recoil giude and spring assembly back the way it comes out. You will never get the slide stop back in if you reversed the recoil guide.

rambuster1 Guest

I have a Colt Ace .22 conversion kit and a Cenier .22 conversion kit. I have used them on several .45 autos and both have worked just fine. Bought the Cerier kit at a gun show in Houston Texas for $210 new in the box.

My buddy has the Kimber one that he uses on two different pistols. I am going to try it on my new one. If it works as good as they say I will be getting one also.