Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CM9 break in vs. SCCY CPX 2

One of my brothers started work with Firestone when he graduated from college in 1964. He was doing pretty well - became the youngest store manager in the US about 3 years later. His store also sold firearms. I bought a new Springfield/Stevens single shot bolt .22 rifle from him for $15.

I don't like Firestones though - buy my tires at Discount.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I get my company cars serviced at Firestone. They treat me well. But next time I visit I'll be sure to tell them to give Bawanna his wheel back!
    ​O|||||||O

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    I have been shooting a long time and always treated every pistol the same. I look for any sharp edges to soften or radius. metal or plastic to clean up. Break the gun down and learn it well lube and shoot the heck out of it. 400 rounds of fmj and 100 hp of my choice. I also load my own ammo for practice and have no problems .

Other than NYCD letting officers carry kahrs off duty I don't know or care what department use's Kahrs. They had to pull them they shoot people because of the light trigger pull when compared to NY glock trigger pull weight.!!! What ever. stupid cops.

If your happy with your cpx-2 , sell the kahr . Not sure anyone here really cares.

I have a colts, 1911, m&p, , ruger , Taurus, keltec and a kahr pistols, I CC'd a Taurus 85 SS 39sp for 20 years and a KT pf9 for 2 years and it was reliable for the couple thousand rounds I shot thru it before moving to kahr . Also have few brands of revolvers and all run well and most are "problem" handguns for some small vocal minority.

I don't carry kahrs cause they are the best at any one thing. More because they have a smooth safe trigger pull, there thin, lite and reliable for me at a good price AND I can carry a small cm9 or my tp40 and it feels works and funtions the same. .

If you don't trust your kahr ,SELL IT. My first kahr came from a not so pleased owner. Been 100% for me ! Shoot what you like. I think the cpx-2 has a place in many shooters line of handguns and seems to be a good pistol.
    the nypd no longer allow their officers to carry a kahr K9 off duty. I think it got very political and kahr said stuff it, so that is why a few years ago there was a flood of K9 NYPD triggers for sale. I bought one ande it is a super shooter. I left the nypd triger inb also, I felt no need to change for a 1/8" less travel. It outshoots my famous PMJ9 by far.

Most of these small leo departments in small ass towns have little restrrictions of what the officers carryt off duty. I know my town of 4500 has 7 cops and thgey are orignally issued a dept G19 but they are given the option of carrying any gun they want on duty. So of the 7 officers we have some 45's, 40's and 9mm being carried in different makers also. Tbey can caqrry any off duty gun they want and the dept supplys no ammo for them either. I was talking to one of the leos, awhile backl and they told me they are carrying reloads even, so I bought every officer a box of 100 defense rounds. I ten d to speed in myt town with my Harley, so I felt it was a very wise thing to do also, CYA thing if u get my point.
    Our state boys recently went to Sig 45 and traded in their G17. Some like um some hate um, too heavy, to bu;lky yadda yadda. Big lose to Glock though, over 1200 guns bought. At first the state had G19's and had some serious issues and glock came in and took um all back and reissued them G17 which most all loved. There is alot of political sh!t with these big departments. Canpt prove it but some serious money is traded under the table for these contracts.

anyway most of kahr forum people here today was not hear 5 years or so ago , when indeed I felt we had some reral serious issues with kahrs (ll of them except ther K9). Not so today. I think they are as god out pf the box as any gun made, the break in procedure thaty I wrote about wsas over 5 years ago and it was helpful to many, Today, maybe not needed as much but IMO it is good to get to know ur gun before that fir5st bang thing everty happens. TRUST NUTTINB that u can verify yourself. Might save some real grief. I prepped every new gun I have evere bought. mY NEW g43 GOT A GOOD SERIES FEED RAMP POLISH, AND CHAMBER along with the moving parts of the upper slide. Did they need it? HellI don't knbow, as I just tore into it when I took it out of the box to reassure myself all was well, plus I learned some things about tyhe gun to

back in the say I honestly did own some kel teks asnd I had to end um back a total of 16 times, they tried but bak then I think kthey were just junk made as at that time they were te only real game in town for sub sub guns. Today I think they do go bang every time tobut the are a real \kicker to. not alot of quality in them but priced super. Ruger copied te kel tek at first and di very little testring on their first LC9 and had to recall over 50K of them to replace sumpin as the gun was not drop safe, as was neithger the kel tek back then. Today no doubt I would buy the Ruger over the kel tek 10 to 1.
    My only complasint with kahrs is that most women just cannot rackther slide, clear a jam, unload the gun etc . I could not recommend a kahr toa woman unbless she was named RONDA ROUSEY. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    One of my brothers started work with Firestone when he graduated from college in 1964. He was doing pretty well - became the youngest store manager in the US about 3 years later. His store also sold firearms. I bought a new Springfield/Stevens single shot bolt .22 rifle from him for $15.

I don't like Firestones though - buy my tires at Discount.
    My father owned a Goodyear tire dealership for over 75 years and I worked for my dad for over 40 years and being a sportsman I started to sellguns and archery equipment inside the dealers ship. We had a thrivng good tire business and a super gun business as we were the onlyt game in town at that time. In all my 40 years of selling guns, we had the ATF in on;ly 3 times for records checks..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yah, Firestone "stole" the Colonels "wheel", and they copied it exact, except it was no longer 5 inches across, made of dough, covered with sesame, poppy, garlic, onion or "everything", and Firestone's "wheel" didn't have a choice of creme cheeze or lox!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    That's urban legend. I actually invented the wheel. It was a rough prototype but I invented it. Then that damn Firestone came along and stole my idea. For Free! Bastards.......
    Good to know. I thought Al Gore invented the wheel.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    Good to know. I thought Al Gore invented the wheel.
    well he certainly did invent the wheel. just ask him. Bawanna invented the hole in the wheel. Just sayin and ol jocko came along with the axle and the world was on its way. Just took an ol Indiana boy to figure it out

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My dad was a devout Firestone fan and I followed him until I took my 4x4 in for brakes and bearings one time. Picked it up and the parking brake was on the floor, took it out of park and the truck rolled.
    I went back inside and the manager told me that was normal for newer cars, this was a 1977 Ford. I cried BS.
    I left and first time I hit the brakes I about went through the windshield they were grabbing so badly.

I took it to a real frame and axle shop and it cost about 1200 to fix their goof. They warped the disc on front and turned them too far trying to unsuccessfully true them, the back brake pads weren't even touching the drums, would have lasted forever. No more Firestone for me. Firestone corporate to their credit did pay for half of my getting it fixed cost, should have asked for the whole amount but I'm not a bottom feeder.

Brother in law took his car in for tire at a different store. I took him down to pick it up at closing time since we were there for a family gathering, told him I bet they goofed. He said they were good.
    While he was paying I went and looked at the tires. 3 were a match and one was different.

Turn the lights back on and put the right tire on boys....................................
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

jacko I wished I had bought one of the NYC kahrs when I had a chance . But I dragged my feet on it till they were gone .

I never carried a semi-auto till about 12 years ago. Always had revolvers . Finally bought a couple KT's to try out for CC . The pf9 was not enjoyable to shoot that's for sure but was reliable for the 2000 rounds I had it The p-11 went back brand new but has run fine ever since and is a son-in-laws CC . No finish left on it , all warn off but no rust ether . Picked up a used cw9 that spoiled me for a smaller CC pistol and retired my snubby then bought a cm9 to pocket at work . After shooting he KT's the cm9 seem sweet shooting . For a micro 380 I prefer the , Don't pick on me now , Taurus tcp 380 over the other micro 380's . Better trigger and a hold open after last round fired . The 2 we have in the family breezed thru a 400 round breakin . They are the C series and reliable has been 100% . MY youngest daughter carries one and I think is trying to wear it out . Keeps me reloading for it .

Your spot on with racking kahrs, even the smaller 380 is tougher to rack than most others . I was going to give my cm9 to my youngest girl as only time it gets carry time now is when mowing the yard . She shoots it well but racking it is not easy or smooth or practical under pressure . My oldest girls cc's my old cw9 now but shes 5-9 and strong enough to handle it easily . Sure do like the new ct45 and might get healed up enough to enjoy the tp40 again !

I did learn to make a mix and match parts 1911 from the argentine military to run reliably back in the late '70s with the help of a old armor teaching me. He also taught me how to reload and still treat ever firearm like it might be that old 1911 . Clean ,debur , polish and radius what needs to be and ready to tune on the mags if needed . 1911 and mags can make you crazy some times . I have bought 3 handguns at a range I visit over the last 8 or 10 years that cause the owner problems . My first kahr was one of them . Love the challenge of a bad handgun if the price is right .

Concerning the expense of break in rounds: I'll skip meals and beer so I can buy ammo, it's that important to me to shoot my guns! That fun too! If a person buys a gun for self defense, it is that person's responsibility to practice and become proficient with the firearm. 200 rounds barely cuts it, for most people to acclimate themselves with a new gun, IMHO. Great forums make people think, this is one of them. Thanks!