Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW380 slide issue

Question Kahr CW380 slide issue

I am a "new" Kahr owner and new to this forum. I recently purchased a CW380. Not sure how to explain the issue very well but I'll try. When the pistol has been dry fired the slide sits on the frame nice and tight( in other words when you try to rack it there is good recoil spring tension)...however as soon as you rack the slide, it can easily be pushed up to a 1/4in towards the rear (pulling the trigger at this point pops the slide back forward again...) it seems like a weak spring or something. I noticed this before ever firing the gun. I took it back and they said everything was normal. I have owned several auto pistols and have never seen one operate in this manner. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Default Kahr CW380 slide issue

My new CW380 does this as well. With a fully loaded magazine inserted I bet you can push back on the muzzle and have it hang out of battery. My XDS and Shield do this too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45

So ...it's normal?? if so I def don't like that at all. Even my little diamondback 380 doesn't do that. So what causes this to be the case or what is going on mechanically? do you know? thanks, harper

Default Kahr CW380 slide issue

Apparently it is Not sure the cause but I know the guys on the S&W forum were up in arms over same issue with Shield and also over on XDtalk with the XDS

It is more pronounced with a full mag. I think the pressure of top bullet presses on slide causing it to hang slightly
    MY KAHR's

K9
    CW9
    CT9
    CW380
    CT45

If you have a tight holster when putting your gun in you might want to push the back of the slide with your thumb to make sure the gun stays in battery. A 1911 with the thumb safety up will not go out of battery. Semi-autos aren't perfect.

That sounds normal to me for a semi automatic handgun

After many trips around town showing this to some local gun smiths....the 100% consensus is that it is def NOT normal. (also: to add to what it is doing.....if you squeeze the trigger slightly over and over it will actually move the slide forwards and backwards about 1/8 of inch of travel) Turns out it may have something to do with the sear, but no one seems to be completely sure. Oh well it's going back to Kahr....will post an update when i hear back from them.

I can't find the sear on my P380. Where is it located?

Striker fired guns have a striker bar instead of a sear

Any updates, JHarper? My new CW380 does this, as well. I usually avoid going with the herd, but in this case, I agree. I think it is normal for the design. It may be a weakness in the design, but it is normal.

SaltyNC