Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: First outing with P380 - ALL SMILES !!

Talking First outing with P380 - ALL SMILES !!

Well, after reading and following the break-in thread here, and racking this new P380 over 2 days 'til my hands were sore, I finally got to the range this morning to run thru 100 rounds. Other than one round not being picked up once from the 7rd mag, it ran FLAWLESSLY !! One box of Remington UMC, followed by a box of Blazer Brass. I was impressed with how accurate the little thing was. Thanks to KahrTalk, and the informative posts. They made today possible. Guess the next purchase will be a PM9. I'm hooked.

Charlie

Welcome to the forum!

Very happy to read your range report and learn that you're happy enough with the Kahr .380 to consider one in 9mm. BTW, my PM9 gets about 80-90% of my carry time.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome aboard and have fun!

Second time out early this week..... 100 more rounds, one time the slide didn't go all the way back in. But a small nudge and it was fine. I just installed a Crimson Trace laser. Going out tomorrow to center it. In the house, dry firing, I thought the dot would be harder to hold still. But across the room (about 35 feet), it seems pretty easy to hold target. Let's see if I can repeat that at the range. :-)

Congrats on your new P380 and CT. The laser really does help. My eyesight isn't what it used to be, and while I can see the bar dot sights, they are a little fuzzy for me, but I have no problem seeing a red dot. I still try not to rely on the laser just in case there was a failure, but I think for defensive purposes, it will likely be very beneficial.

SaltyNC

I don't know that I could trust a gun that failed to pick up one round in a hundred, or that you should either for that matter. I'd be willing to give you half of what you paid for that Kahr, so that you could get something reliable like a KelTec. (Hey, ya can't blame a guy for tryin'.)
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    Second time out early this week..... 100 more rounds, one time the slide didn't go all the way back in. But a small nudge and it was fine.

If the one time problem happened toward the end of your range session, consider that the lubricating oil may have thinned out and/or gummed up from powder. May have been an inadvertent relaxing of your grip, too. Kahrs are so tight when new that seemingly minor issues can cause problems. Of course, all my thoughts on this could be completely off base, too...

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieR View Post
    I just installed a Crimson Trace laser. Going out tomorrow to center it. In the house, dry firing, I thought the dot would be harder to hold still. But across the room (about 35 feet), it seems pretty easy to hold target. Let's see if I can repeat that at the range. :-)
    I love the combo. Got the CT onto my P380 couple weeks ago and went to the range with it-dead on just as it came from the factory. Don't forget to call CT about the free batteries. Get them once a year. They sent mine right out. Batteries last a long time, but when they go its nice to have a spare set already in your range bag.