Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: p380 magazine problems

Default p380 magazine problems

The original magazines that shipped with my p380 had what I thought was a strange problem. When you apply a small amount of pressure on the bottom of the magazine and push forward the magazine floorplate will slide forward. I found this out problem with my magazines and called kahr. The y asked me to send them back for review. I just got my replacements back last week and the new replacements have the same problem. So I go by my local gun shop and the manager of the gun department pulled a brand new one and the magazine did the same as mine . Has anyone else had any problems with their magazines?

If you turn the magazine upside down and hold it in your hand. Place your thumb on the bottom ( floorplate) , and apply pressure to the bottom of the magazine. Then try to slide the floorplate forward and on all 5 magazines i have examined. The floorplate will slide forward , and nearly release the locking plate and magazine spring.

It seems to me that the locking plate does not fully engage the floorplate properly.

Thanks
    Samned
    smclain3@embarqmail.com

Yep, just tried one. My thumb in the middle doesn't do that, but my thumb on the rear half just slides the base forward... too gradual a shoulder on the nib or bump that engages the hole for retention.
    Just don't do that!
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I applied a small drop of super glue to the locking plate. Works good and does not let the floorplate slide forward. Just irritates me that you have to glue a floorplate on a $600.00 pistol. I think I will call kahr again tomorrow. Kind of concerns me however.

Samned

I replaced mine with Pearce extensions and they stay put. I wouldn't glue the baseplate of my magazine because I break them down and clean them after every trip too.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

It doesn't seem to happen on loaded magazines... easy take-apart "feature". I don't really see this as a problem.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

mine did on a loaded magazine and the locking plate and mag spring shot into the yard. recovered the spring but not the locking plate. Called Kahr and sent them back and Kahr took care of the problem.

So I have no complaints with the customer service I recieved from Kahr.

Samned