CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread Size

Default Thread Size

Hoping someone here knows the thread size/pitch for the screw that holds the slide lock spring in place. It screws into the frame.

Which model of Kahr pistol do you own? If you lost your screw the best place to get a replacement is from Kahr. Go to Kahr Arms parts. If the screw threads into polymer do not over tighten it.
    Last edited by muggsy; 01-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

The screw is for a CW9. Just interested in the thread size.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwinds View Post
    hoping someone here knows the thread size/pitch for the screw that holds the slide lock spring in place. It screws into the frame.
    buy it and the concaved washer that comes with it from kahr
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I don't need the screw or the washer. I'd just like to know what size the screw is.

I couldn't say myself. Consider this a shout out to Greg or CJB or a few others that probably know.

I don't see any spec on it on the parts list.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I PMd Greg and he replied that he did not know. That forced me to rumage through some boxes in the garage and find my 'Screw Checker', a handy gage that Brownells sells. Sure enough, the screw is a 2-56 flat head torx screw.

I'm gonna write this down.

Things that Greg don't know- 1

Things that Greg does know-9.999.9999.999999.999999999942764890423..00

I could be of a couple million on line 2.

Crap, now Greg knows this too so the don't know has to go back to zero again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

my thoughts, ask kahr they might tell you. I would not loa dup on um, ur not gonna loose it, the threads on thaqt screw willnever wear out and if anything wears out it will be from over tightening that screw in the polymer and there for stripping it out. THEN Houston, we have a problem.

everyone hgere will tell any kahr owner to just not fokk with that screw.If there is a weak spot in the kahrs, IMO this is it, but that being said, we hav enot seen any stripped out either and kahr can fix it if u do. Snug is good with that screw, u can never tighten it, as the polymer will give out first. MY PMJ9 has over 32 k rounds thrugh it, probbly been apart (slide off) 300+ times. I have reploaced one springhy and that was very earlyoin due to my neglience in putting the slide lever back in. I could have straightened it out myself but I had a new spare so I went that way.

MTNwids, I am not preaching to you here but just givin some new readers some insight in to this area. I always wished Kahr would have inbedded a metal insert in that polymer to accept that little screw, but again they really donn't have any issues in that area, so I guess if it isnt b roke, then don't fix it. Just sayin

I have to concur with the colone. I am alittle dissappinted in Gregg, first time he has not had a definitive answer. Not sur ethis forum can put up with such incompentence either colonel. U have qa tuff decision to make
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

You've piqued my curiosity, mtnwinds. Why the hell do you want to know the screw thread size/pitch? I only worry about stuff like that when I drop a screw and it rolls down the sewer in my basement. C'mon now, admit it. Yer cheap and wanted to avoid the shipping costs.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380