Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread Size

[<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Default oh my

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    looks like my school room in the old Catholic School that I went to for 8 years. Been in that corner before, may times. Once for having a 4" snake in my shirt pocket. Nun didn't think to much of that

If anyone ever went to a catholic school with nuns, u will know that a sense of humor was not their forte either Just sayinb

Buts that where I learne dto read and write so well today, so it was worth it. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Greg, that has got to be a pic of my 4th grade classroom. We had ink bottles in the inkwells and filled our fountain pens by sticking the pen in the bottle and lifting the plunger. Always managed to get ink all over the place.

Notice the bell on the teacher's desk? Every once in a great while I got to take that bell off the nun's desk and go out into the hall to ring it when it was time for classes to change.

Muggsy, I can't remember anyone ever accusing me of being 'cheap'. Jocko is hinting at why I wanted info on the thread size. Like him, I think this screw is a weak point in the polymer frame design. The setup in the K series is much better.

I'm going to put a steel insert in my frame and then I can tighten that screw right down without worrying about stripping out the threads in the plastic frame. I should have the insert tomorrow and when I install it I'll post some pics of the process. What I've found out so far leads me to believe that this is a fairly simple modification. Total cost should be less than $2.00. It would have been so easy and inexpensive for Kahr to have included this insert in the fabrication of the frames.

Yeah, I know about the warranty consequences. Anybody who's pistol is out of warranty won't lose a thing. I purchased both my Kahr pistols 2nd hand and I also reload everything I shoot so I don't care about the warranty. Bottom line for me is I'll have more confidence/peace of mind regarding this CW9 which I purchased to be my wife's edc. Yup, the love of my life, a 71 yr old soon to be great g'ma is packing!

I hope you know that I was just funnin ya, mtnwinds. There's not to much in life that I take seriously except for reloading ammunition. Greg, I want to know where you got that picture of me. I thought I burned all of the copies.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I couldn't say myself. Consider this a shout out to Greg or CJB or a few others that probably know.

I don't see any spec on it on the parts list.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.... but alas this old greybeard is clueless on that particular bit of information.

How about taking out the screw and measuring it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwinds View Post
    I'm going to put a steel insert in my frame and then I can tighten that screw right down without worrying about stripping out the threads in the plastic frame. I should have the insert tomorrow and when I install it I'll post some pics of the process. What I've found out so far leads me to believe that this is a fairly simple modification. Total cost should be less than $2.00. It would have been so easy and inexpensive for Kahr to have included this insert in the fabrication of the frames.
    Consider the following: Kahr didn't cut too many corners elsewhere. Maybe there's a reason for it being a screw into the plastic as it is. IOW, the screw is really more of a snug adjustment than a tight fastener. Could be metal to metal will allow backing out, whereas plastic to metal has some stick-tion. I don't know, which is why I'm saying... consider it.

The manual says to tighten the screw so that the spring doesn't move. Yeah, right. I found that impossible to do in my cw9. I realize that the pistol functions well for most folks as it comes from the factory but being an incorrigible, anal retentive, old fart I have to mess with stuff to see if I can improve it. What else do you do when you're retired?

I'll be picking up a cw45 this Wednesday and then I get to mess around with modifying some of my 1911 mags.

Muggsy, I enjoy the friendly banter here and have learned not to take myself or anyone else too seriously.....most of the time.....well, at least some of the time.

The inserts won't arrive till Wednesday so it'll be the weekend before I get to try and ruin the frame on my cw9. CJB, after I fit the insert I intend to epoxy it in place. Only thing that will back it out is a KABOOM

Great for spring changes.

What manual says to tighten it until it doesent move? Not the OM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Things that Greg don't know- 1

Things that Greg does know-9.999.9999.999999.999999999942764890423..00

I could be of a couple million on line 2.
    I would say those numbers are about right.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Mtnwinds, I'm from the school that teaches that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. You might just be opening a large can-o-worms here. Have you checked to see exactly what type of epoxy can be used to glue steel to polymer? Super glue might work, but then you'll be running the risk of not being able to remove your fingers from the frame. That part is known as the well-enough screw. Yer supposed to leave well-enough alone. Just sayin.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380