CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was quick

Cool Well that was quick

Well, I finally got a chance to prep my Cm9 using the steps that someone was kind enough to point me to.

Before the sun went down, I figured I would spend a few rounds to see what this little guy can do.

First 6 rounds were flawless. Yes! This gun feels great. Before heading back inside, my buddy wanted to give it a shot.

It was getting dark and he recently moved onto his new property so he didn't want to make too much noise. We loaded up another magazine and let him give it a go.

First round good. Second round, FTF. Checked the primer, no striker mark. I ejected the mag, reinserted the round followed by the magazine, and re-chambered(using the slide lock). Click. Nothing.

Went to eject the round and nothing came out, the round never chambered. We tried it again and it fired fine.

Now I'm not really worried about that experience, as I am no where close to completing the break in period. I provided the background to hopefully receive some insight on this:

As you can imagine I was super excited to see this when I got home to inspect it. :P

-P.S. Sorry for the sloppy writing, dealing with a grumpy new born.

Oh, and for clarification purposes, is the next round supposed to look like this? This picture was taken after chambering a round and ejecting the mag.(these were not the rounds I was firing, I was firing UMC FMJ)

Well send an email to Kahr, you need a new follower. The second photo is pretty normal, all autos drag the second round forward a bit. You might take some fine sandpaper and clean up the feed lips a bit.

If you bust another follower you can send it back for a ramp fix or decide if you want to do it yourself. The ramp is hitting the follower.

Some break one and then never again, others bust them again and need a doctor visit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Shoot it!

My CM9 also broke the followers. I didnt realize it until it was time to clean the gun and mags up after the shooting session was over.
    The gun functioned perfectly all day with nearly 100 rds fired, except for a few premature slide lock issues.

If you have more than one mag, rotate them. If the gun breaks another follower you may as well prepare yourself to send your gun back to Kahr. Seems like the litmus test for sending out new followers or sending the gun back is how many followers got broke. One broken follower, they'll probably send you one. The minute I told them that mine broke two followers, conversation over, send the gun in.

Mine also would prematurely lock the slide back from time to time. If it were not for needing that slight adjustment, I think I would have trimmed up the feed ramp myself.

AT any rate, if mine comes back and it still breaks followers, I think I will take care of it myself.

Thanks for the info guys. I stripped the gun and mocked up the barrel to the frame with the slide lock and can definitely see that it his the follower. It seems like it hits quite a bit. I'll get a hold of kahr and go from there.

I do not currently have another magazine. A shop down the street has some 7 round mags in stock, I'll pick one up tomorrow.

Would you consider it okay to use this mag at the range? I plan on going some time this week.

Usually they work even broken, and maybe they work even better since there's nothing for the feed ramp to smack so for range no problem but I'd get a new one and make sure your good to go.

Let Kahr decide. That fix should be relatively quick and easy, so the wait shouldn't be terribly long.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Well that was quick

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjz View Post
    My CM9 also broke the followers. I didnt realize it until it was time to clean the gun and mags up after the shooting session was over.
    The gun functioned perfectly all day with nearly 100 rds fired, except for a few premature slide lock issues.

If you have more than one mag, rotate them. If the gun breaks another follower you may as well prepare yourself to send your gun back to Kahr. Seems like the litmus test for sending out new followers or sending the gun back is how many followers got broke. One broken follower, they'll probably send you one. The minute I told them that mine broke two followers, conversation over, send the gun in.

Mine also would prematurely lock the slide back from time to time. If it were not for needing that slight adjustment, I think I would have trimmed up the feed ramp myself.

AT any rate, if mine comes back and it still breaks followers, I think I will take care of it myself.

So my story includes premature slide lock but only with 124+p gold dots and 147 WWB JHP. 115 FMJ and zombie max as well as 135 critical duty ran fine. I'm gonna carry with critical duty.

And after my range session tonight I came home to see a broken follower on one of my mags. Guess I'll be calling Kahr tomorrow. I really like this little gun but the damn thing sure is finicky.

This shouldn't happen....period.
    Kahr is most certainly aware of this and shouldn't let another
    gun out their door until they are absolutely certain this won't happen again.
    Sure they can fix it, but they should'nt need to.

Quote Originally Posted by MBSL500 View Post
    This shouldn't happen....period.
    Kahr is most certainly aware of this and shouldn't let another
    gun out their door until they are absolutely certain this won't happen again.
    Sure they can fix it, but they should'nt need to.
    Hey MB, what year is your SL500?
    Love those things.Took one up to 153 M.P.H. before the electronic speed limiting took over and dropped the engine back down to idle speed. Once I got back down to about 100, I got the throttle back.
    As a mechanic at the MB dealership I got to test drive a few cars including an S600 Bi-Turbo V-12.

Default Shoot it!

My CM9 worked (past tense) great w the broken followers. I did not know they were broken until later when I was cleaning them. The problem is that the broken followers indicate a slight clearance problem. These little pistols are VERY tight. The tolerances are minimal. This is usually indicative of high quality.

The guns are high quality, their companies quality control is not. They simply fail to do the same tests that we do when our followers break. The few minutes it would take to assemble the parts to see if the feed ramp will hit the follower would be well spent. On the other hand, when you're selling guns as fast as you can make them w/o spending that time/money on that level of quality control why not get them out there and get the money. They are not the only company that made that decision/mistake. There are recalls in every line of products. In the long run, down the road when things calm down a bit, this decision will come back to bite them.

In the meantime, once my repaired CM9 gets back from the factory, I will feel well armed w a very nice weapon. Now that I know to expect the possible need to return the gun to the factory for tweaking, I am not quite so critical. I had a Seecamp years ago that was built like a swiss watch. This gun reminds me of it. Very smooth, very tight and shoots great!