CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well that was quick

Default Well that was quick

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjz View Post
    My CM9 worked (past tense) great w the broken followers. I did not know they were broken until later when I was cleaning them. The problem is that the broken followers indicate a slight clearance problem. These little pistols are VERY tight. The tolerances are minimal. This is usually indicative of high quality.

The guns are high quality, their companies quality control is not. They simply fail to do the same tests that we do when our followers break. The few minutes it would take to assemble the parts to see if the feed ramp will hit the follower would be well spent. On the other hand, when you're selling guns as fast as you can make them w/o spending that time/money on that level of quality control why not get them out there and get the money. They are not the only company that made that decision/mistake. There are recalls in every line of products. In the long run, down the road when things calm down a bit, this decision will come back to bite them.

In the meantime, once my repaired CM9 gets back from the factory, I will feel well armed w a very nice weapon. Now that I know to expect the possible need to return the gun to the factory for tweaking, I am not quite so critical. I had a Seecamp years ago that was built like a swiss watch. This gun reminds me of it. Very smooth, very tight and shoots great!

I already am waiting on my xds to come back from Springfield. I really don't want to have to send this one back. Any of you guys done the fix yourself with a Dremel? I've seen it from other threads.

Default I was going to do mine!

For me personally, I would not hesitate to take on the feed ramp modification if after due consideration, that's what I decided to do. Just be sure to realize that once you do it, you more than likely will have voided any sort of warranty on that part of the gun. The liklihood of having another, different sort of warranty covered barrel problem is pretty slim, which is why I was willing to do it.

The problem I ran into is that the factory was unwilling to send me replacements for the two broken followers. They wanted the gun. Either I send them the gun or buy the two new followers. I decided to take the path of least resistance and send them the gun. I have quite a few others around here to shoot and carry so I will not have to go unarmed while it is gone.

The down side of the whole thing is that I have been unable to scratch the itch that this new gun purchase was causing! Sort of like somebody driving over your new bicycle before you get to ride it!

My suggestion to you would be to send it in the first time, get it on record that the factory modified the feedramp. If it ever needs any additional tweaking, you can probably get away with doing it yourself without fear of voiding any warranties.

Up to you, either way, you're going to have some level of disappointment.

This is becoming a ridiculous problem. I can't believe that Kahr is letting this go on, it has become a well known issue across all the gun forums and tarnishing their reputation. They really need to look into this ASAP before their name is synonymous with junk guns that don't work

Quote Originally Posted by MBSL500 View Post
    This shouldn't happen....period.
    Kahr is most certainly aware of this and shouldn't let another
    gun out their door until they are absolutely certain this won't happen again.
    Sure they can fix it, but they should'nt need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by S281 View Post
    This is becoming a ridiculous problem. I can't believe that Kahr is letting this go on, it has become a well known issue across all the gun forums and tarnishing their reputation. They really need to look into this ASAP before their name is synonymous with junk guns that don't work
    I agree. I have always looked at kahr as a higher end company. I am a borderline Glock fan boy, but the reviews I read, and some of the similarities attracted me to this gun.

Two days after I bought the CM9 I found out glock had announced their G42 (.380 auto, sub compact single stack). Fairly similar in size (a bit bigger) to the CM9.

I am willing to let the Kahr break in, and am okay with sending it in to be repaired(shouldn't need to, but if thats what I have to do, its what I have to do).

But at first taste, it is hard to say I chose the right gun.

All in all I prefer the idea of the kahr, but only time will tell

Close specs are one thing. Being out of spec is another. Kahr definitely needs to clean up it's act as far as test firing and inspection is concerned. You build a reputation for reliability by producing a reliable product. Far too many Kahr pistol owners are experiencing problems with their Kahr Pistols.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by S281 View Post
    Well said but they choose not to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Well said but they choose not to do anything about it.
    I hope that changes, the friend that was with me was considering a Kahr, got excited once he saw how small the recoil was, enjoyed the first shot, then jammed on him.

We weren't too concerened since I have gotten through the break in period, but seeing that a part of the gun BROKE in 8 shots is dissapointing.

Sending it back to be repaired so you can "shoot it like to stole it" is not the answer.
    Fixing the problem so customers don't NEED to send it back is the answer.

Please, don't respond with "I have shot 5 gazillion trouble free rounds though my Kahr".
    "Just send it them and they'll make it right".

They need to make it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by dorangolv View Post
    Hey MB, what year is your SL500?
    Love those things.Took one up to 153 M.P.H. before the electronic speed limiting took over and dropped the engine back down to idle speed. Once I got back down to about 100, I got the throttle back.
    As a mechanic at the MB dealership I got to test drive a few cars including an S600 Bi-Turbo V-12.
    I got my wife a 560sl 1989 that lil biotech hit 165! sold it now has a 2007 too small for me but perfect for her and her pocketbook as she like to tell me.....
    My New Web Store!
    www.teampython.com
    __________________________________________________ _____
    The loudest sound in the world is a “click” when you need a “bang.”

Default Kahr is already struggling.

I am not a book keeper for Kahr. I have no inside information. What I do have is a finite set of circumstances that historically have proven to be the calm before the storm for many companies. Consider the following information that I consider factual.

-Kahr firearms are for sale at a severely reduced rate at many sites on the internet
    -Kahr is becoming known across the industry as producing guns that often require being returned due to malfunctions
    -Call Kahr Custumer Service, when you can reach them, you will likely reach the one guy who seems to be in charge of the entire department
    -As per Kahr Admin., there is only one person at the factory responsible for shipping and receiving
    -Kahr is spending more money than they make on the guns that are returned, that number is growing all the time

My guess is that unless they continue to pump guns out the door, whether they work or not, they cannot continue to march. I hope I am wrong since I think with a bit more time, Kahr could make a few changes and turn the corner, continuing to make quality firearms.

Just my opinion but I have seen these earmarks before and it was never good.