Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Well that was quick

Quote Originally Posted by MBSL500 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something.
    It seems that a Kahr buyer has two choices if he wants to be absolutely certain his new gun will function properly.

(A) He can buy the gun and just send it back to Kahr for repair.
    or
    (B) He can polish the feed ramp to help with feeding issues, remove some of the feed ramp to prevent breaking followers, and polish the lips of all the magazines.

Is this a kit gun?

Sorry folks.
    The only thing a person should have to do a brand new gun is clean it and lubricate it.
    It is easy to get the wrong impression of almost any firearm by relying on internet forums for your information. As Jocko said, buyers are more likely to search for a forum and vent about negative experiences or look for solutions than they are to post their positive experiences. Kahr produces a lot of handguns, and the majority of buyers have never logged on here at Kahrtalk.

I'm the proud owner of 3 Kahrs now - a CW9, CW45 and a CW380. All three have been just fine from the very first outing with no special prep work.

Clean, Lube, Shoot, Repeat.

Chuck

There is no excuse for poor quality control or for a company failing to respond to a customers request for service. To quote our esteemed president, "Period".
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    There is no excuse for poor quality control or for a company failing to respond to a customers request for service. To quote our esteemed president, "Period".

It shouldn't matter in the slightest that Kahr will make it "right" after you send it back to them.
    They need to make it right the first time so customers don't have to.
    The PM9 / CM9 is are not new products.
    Kahr is most certainly aware of this problem.
    They've had plenty of time to correct it.

Default I came here before I bought!

I had admired a CM9 at a gun show but did not think to highly of the price the guy was asking. I liked it enough to make a mental note to check out the "unknown to me" Kahr CM9 on the computer.

Came to this forum and read everything I could find about the CM9. After reading page after page of negatives regarding the CM and PM9, I had just about decided to abandon the idea. Just about that time I ran across the post letting readers know that Palmetto State Armory had CM9's for $339.

I thought, geez, for that kind of money, it's worth the gamble, sort of a 50-50 shot that I would get a good one right out of the box.

I lost the gamble and my CM9 is at the factory as I write this. I had it less than one whole day.

This forum and the people who post here are important to those who own Kahr pistols but perhaps even more important to those folks who are considering buying one!

PS--All the features that I found attractive about the gun when I saw it at the gunshow still impress me. I sincerely hope that when the gun is returned to me, it will be good to go. If this is the case, it will still have been worth it!

I got a chance to go to the range last night, put about 250 rounds through it. Besides that fact that I shoot a little low and left, the gun fired great. I had one round nose dive about halfway through. I am pretty sure it was my fault as the shot felt very limp wristed.

The 6 round mag with the broken follower functioned fine, the 7 round mag has obvious wear on the follower.

Sounds like there maybe some issues with the feed ramp.

Default A day at the range with my daughter...

Took my daughter with me out to the desert to shoot my shotgun and semi-autos. She'd been asking me for a couple weeks when we could go. First she shoots and Springfield Armory XD45 then the Kahr P45.
    (Skip ahead to 1:32 for the Kahr P45.)

The two malfunctions were caused by the users. The first one is a Failure To Chamber a round. Then the guide rod works it's way out the front of the slide during the course of three shots fired. This is because the spring was installed backwards. duh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twahP-20x1c

Within minutes of reassembling the slide (correctly this time) I filmed this string of shots. 4 mags;2-6rd, 2-7rd all emptied.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLWi7R_5og

To date, 1,450 rounds fired through this Little Monster.

Most of you know how much trouble I had trying to get it to run and cycle without SOME kind of malfunction. Lots of scraping, grinding and hitches throughout the slides travel. All kinds of resistance to smooth operation. Sent it back to Kahr who said they fired 280 rds without a hitch.
    I have since found the root cause of all my headaches and corrected it.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21904

It is a totally different gun now. It has turned into the reliable, smooth gun everyone says Kahrs are supposed to be. It just took me 900 rounds and hours of tinkering to make it so.

Wow, Abby must have a really good lookin Mom!

"The only thing a person should have to do a brand new gun is clean it and lubricate it".

I would tend to agree... especially when it's bragging rights are ...

Quote Originally Posted by feedramp View Post
    "The only thing a person should have to do a brand new gun is clean it and lubricate it".

I would tend to agree... especially when it's bragging rights are ...
    Absolutely true.
    Polishing feed ramps, polishing magazine lips, grinding down feed ramps, tweaking slide lock springs, sanding followers, verifying magazine spring orientation etc..should never be necessary on a new gun.

can't argue that pint at all. BUT there is sometimes alittle tweek that one can do from information from forums like this one that will work and save alot of time sending a gun back. It is always the owners calla to make, some do choose to tweek somethings themselves if they do no harm to the gun. Verfyihg spring orientation is certainly not a bad thing for any ownber to ever do. Kahr doesn't assemble the magazines etc, they come fully assembled, so why not just be very sure all is ok.

I sur ein heh polished every feed ramp of every semi I have ever owned. I feel I can do a better job even and I feel better after doing it. I have never been an advocate of grinding a feed ramp. most ALL KAHRS DO NOT REQUIRE THIS EITHER BUT WHEN ONE does indeed let the maker do it. These gun, all guns are mass produced so some things although maybe minor can and will slip thru the system. Sometimes I do feel we also have to assume alittle bit of responsibility. Just sayiin.

If in doubt send the fokker back. This froum is full of great ADVICE, one can heed it or ignore it, but most all here are here to help. I had 4 slide stop lever replaced on my Para Carry 9 before it stopped acting up. My G19 slide stop lever worked part ime. It looked perfect but whenI sentit back, they replaced it and I never had anutter issue. Knowing what I know now, I would have replaced it myself and not wasted alot of down time on it. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY