Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yikes, now I am really in trouble!

Default Yikes, now I am really in trouble!

As I have previously posted here, my brand new CM9 is back at the factory for breaking followers. They have had it for a couple weeks now so I thought I would call them and see if they had any sort of an update for me.

Yep, they had one for me. The rude guy with the British accent finally answered the phone. In his short angry little way he asked me for my guns serial number and the return authorization number. I gave them to him and his reply was a very short, "we have it and we'll get it back to you shortly".

Thank God, I asked. I said "so when your done, you're going to send it back to me"? He said no, that some pawn shop in south florida had sent the gun in and when it was finished, would be returned to them.

I told him that there was a problem because the gun bearing that serial number belongs to me. He told me that it was not his problem and that he would transfer my call to the "service dept.". Click, he was gone.

Of course there was nobody answering the phone at the "Service Dept." I left a message asking for somebody, anybody to please call me so I could explain this situation. I have no faith at all that anybody will.

I spent the next several hours trying to talk to somebody at Kahr and finally got ahold of Jay. He confirmed that the information in the computer for the gun with that serial number was to be returned to a Pawn Shop in South Florida. He also confirmed that the Service Dept. was where I had to go with my problem and that nobody else could fix the mistake. He no longer works in the Service Dept.

I sent the Service Dept. an email to go along with my phone message. We'll see if my gun gets sent to some luck guy in South Florida. I swear, if I ever get this gun back, I don't care what it does or does not do, I'm not sending it back!

Wow! Perhaps the worst gun repair service story I've heard. Hope in the end all works out for you.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Call me confused. It's your gun, but a pawn shop in Florida sent the gun in. Do you live in Florida. Did you send it in yourself or find out that it was sent in from the pawn shop?

Who's on first?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hang in there, jz. You'll get your gun back just as soon as we can find your pawn ticket. This situation is getting ridiculous.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

When I read stories like this I'm thankful my new CW9 is working well. For some reason it seems that CM9s have more problems than CW9s. I've been thinking about picking up a CM9 too but I think I'll hold off.

Default So bad I have to laugh.

Yeah, this whole experience has been awful. I still think that Kahr makes a quality handgun. I would not have taken the chance I took purchasing it, knowing what I did, if I did not believe that.

On the other hand, their customer service seems to be running a close second to their quality control.

Yes, I live in Florida. The guy that sounds like he's from England sent me a Fed-Ex return authorization via email. I followed the instructions, put the gun back in the original box and then put that box in another box. Put my name and address on the box along with the shipping label. Dropped it off in person at Fed-Ex.

Hard to tell what the bar code information on the return authorization contained.

At any rate, when I emailed them today, outlining the problem, I also forwarded the email where they sent the authorization number to my email.

The biggest problem is communications. Getting that same guy with the attitude on the phone is not helpful. There is nobody answering the service phone, there is no manager to speak to. You are at the mercy of whomever picks up the phone and I already told you who normally picks it up.

I am fortunate that they are not located close to me because I quite likely would get myself in trouble.

Thank goodness professional gun folks don't treat their customers this way. If I had paid $1500 for this gun I would have already have bought my plane ticket and would be on my way up there.

Thats a trick question Jocko!

You know as well I as I do that there are no HA in Florida because the state is governed by the OL.

Jeeze... what a curveball.

Crazy, When this all started didn't they send the mailing label to your address? Surely, they must have that on file? Did you buy the gun used at this pawn shop and it is the warranty information at Kahr?

I have had my CM9 for almost a year, over 500 rounds through it and not one problem. I hope you get yours fixed, it is a great little weapon.

Default At this point---

Yes, I know it's hard to believe that purchasing one little gun can cause this much agony and frustration.

Yes, I bought the gun new from Palmetto State Armory. I had it shipped to my LGS. Two days after I received it, it was on it's way back to Kahr.

Yep, all communication were with me, at my home email and home address. Yes, I sent them the gun from my home. The box was labeled with my home information. The letter I put inside the box explaining the problem had my home information on it.

The return authorization number crosschecks to my guns serial number.

The only problem is that they are convinced that this pawn shop in South Florida sent it to them! They are determined to "return" it to the "FFL" that sent it to them! I can't get ahold of anybody on the phone or via email to straighten it out! Aaaaaah!