Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger not resetting

Default Trigger not resetting

Ok, my CM9 is not resetting the trigger. I have to pull back on the slide just slightly to be able to shoot the next round. It happened the last time at the range, so I thought maybe it was just dirty or not lubed right. Cleaned it and re-lubed it and same thing happens today. Off to Kahr I guess? Any suggestions? Maybe have 700 rounds throgh it. Thanks!

how often is it doing this??? No doubt u are letting up on the trigger to allow it to reset. I would think with 700 rounds through the gun that that question might be a stupid one but I had to ask.

Did u take the slide apart to check things out when u cleaned it???? Is the cocking cam workingOK. by that I mean with the slide off, can u flick that cocking cam back and forth and does the cam return by itself or maybe just sit there. Can u spray clean that cocking cam area. U can't hurt anything...

Is the slide fully closing,by that I mean when u get this deadtrigger can u tap the backof the slide and it close tighter??

Can u think about what if anything has changed in ur routine?? Ammo change, recoil spring on correctly etc.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Jocko, the slide does fully back into place, I have to actually pull the slide back a quarter inch to reset the trigger after each shot. Have not changed anything that I normally do, shooting or cleaning. Have tried 3 different types of ammo and all the same thing. The cocking cam does flick back and the right back into place with my finger.

Watching this video may help you to determine why the trigger is not resetting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYRHp...e=results_main
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Based off that video I would have to say it has to do with my cocking cam.

I think that you maybe on to something. Something is preventing the cocking cam from resetting. Could be a weak or broken cocking cam spring or something interfering with the action of the cocking cam itself. It may need to make a trip back to the mother-ship for repair.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Well got my cm9 back from the mother ship today. They said they reworked the trigger bar. The trigger seems much smoother than it ever was. Try and shoot it this weekend to see if it worked.

Mine was doing this at the range yesterday. I put about 220 rounds through it. Everything worked, but every so often, the trigger wouldn't reset when I released it. If I pushed forward a bit on the trigger or tapped the gun it would. I haven't taken it apart since, so when I do that I'll have an update. Especially after I watch that video above.

I'm just glad I'm not alone.

If it s the trigger bar, it needs to go back andu can't see what is defective in a trigger bar. I would asu said give that striker channel a good thorough cleaning tomake sure it is perfect and then retest. U should not have to push the trigger back into resetting but eliminate the possables first, then if it persists, email kahr, attn Jay ad run it byy them. More than likely they will want it back..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Yeah. That's what I figured. I'll give it a nice thorough cleaning & see what I can see.