Hello, new member/Kahr CM9 owner here. So Monday morning I called Kahr tech support asking if I should be concerned about a pit I’ve noticed inside my new CM9 barrel. I just picked up the gun at my local dealer this past Saturday. I noticed the pit while cleaning the gun, which is approximately 0.030-0.040 dia I'd guess, inside about one quarter inch from the muzzle. I was asked to e-mail them a photo to service@karh.com. In the photo I sent you can clearly see that about two thirds of the pit is in the valley with about one third of it breaking into the landing. I lightly ran a dental pick across this spot and it gets hung up, so there is some depth to it. I’d describe this more like a chunk of metal missing vs. a pit to be honest.

I have not fired the gun yet because I have concern about this. I’ve called Kahr tech support twice since sending them the photo on Monday leaving messages but have not received a return call as of yet. That kind of bums me out because I’ve read more good comments about their Customer Support than bad. Has anyone here experienced a Kahr barrel flaw to this extent or have experienced days of unreturned phone messages from them? What’s your thoughts about shooting this thing?