Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My First Concealed Carry Incident

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
    Dollarguy, you made the right choice, and Justin's points are very sound. When it comes to guns even when you shoot to protect yourself, you can end up in a real legal battle. When a person gets shot your world will change. I have a friend that returned fire to protect himself, and shot the guy in the chest with one shot. His world was turned up-side down for more than two years. So, if you are not a LEO - the systems will tear your story every which way until they are sure there was no other choice. In other words, the system does not assume you are properly trained to make the right decision, as they do with a LEO. So in my opinion, don't pull that gun until there is absolutely no choice. My comments are based on watching what my friend went through for more than two years, after returning fire upon a drug dealer that started shooting at him in the dark. My friends mistake, stopping his car in Detroit after dark and stepping out of his car. The wrong place at the wrong time!
    Being LEO isn't exactly a get out of jail card either. They live in a glass house under a microscope maybe even worse than us civilians. The scarey part is the key word to most investigations is what would a reasonable normal person do in each event. In this day and age define reasonable or normal. :40:

The scarey part is the key word to most investigations is what would a reasonable normal person do in each event. In this day and age define reasonable or normal.
    Shooting back when fired upon by a thug?