Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Conceal Carry Vest option

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

Default Conceal Carry Vest option

From time to time I consider a conceal carry vest for competition and perhaps occasional casual wear. I'm always looking at options. I found a decent looking light weight vest from www.DuluthTrading.com that has back ventilation and 17 pockets, in 6 different colors for about the same price as most of the vests designed for conceal carry. You may want to go to Duluth to check them out for yourself, if you are looking for a carry vest. Just an FYI option.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

GaryB, excellent but here's another choice if you want a bit more security and comfort.
    http://coronadoleather.com/c-744866-...s-jackets.html
    Works well when riding a motorcycle.
    Riding and shooting, my two favorite hobbies I sometimes do separately.

+1 on the Coronado vest. What hand gun fits the pockets the best? Maybe looking for an excuse for another pistol to go with my vest. Not going to use it for a carry pistol, but my Ruger SR22 seems to have the best fit and grip for a good draw. The Kahr's seem a little thin, and my heavy Ruger SP101 38Spl. has a 3" barrel. All of them fit ,it just seems the grip of the .22 is easiest to grab.

I wear a Woolrich vest when it gets warm. Fairly light and well vented in the back. Still carry on the belt like normal, just use the vest for a cover garment.

It's like the 511 but the pockets are fewer and doesn't scream this is a gun concealment vest quite as bad.

My wife shortens up the back since I sit full time. That way it hangs like a vest should and I don't have to sit on it impeding my draw.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I've got several vests.
    One a Military Ranger.
    Everytime I wear one people think I'm a cop.
    Restaurants have tried to comp me meals thinking I'm SWAT or something - LOL!
    I never wear tactical vests in public any more.

I know some CC / photographer vests are less obvious.
    And I have some of those too.
    But even without any vest, sometimes folks assume I'm an off duty cop.
    So I've mostly given up on wearing any kind of vest these days.

It's hard for me to blend in.

Barth