Xssights   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P380 Not Cycling Rounds Reliably

Update - Just to an email that they shipped the gun today. They found more issues that they said they fixed.

They replaced or fixed many items. Still concerning that there are this may issues. It was not a cheap gone. The CW380 is essentially the same gun, but at a reduced cost. I sure hope it goes bang every time like my 22 year old Glock does. That gun has always worked, but just a little to big for CCW.

When I originally picked it up new, my P380 was locking back prematurely constantly. Bawanna even accused my of being a limp-wrister too. I'll never forget that, but I digress.

I called Kahr and got a new pin coming while I sanded down the original lock pin. I ended up keeping the original pin in the gun. On occasion, it will fail to lock back now, but I figure that I probably am dead or running my butt off at that point. I don't carry a spare mag.

I was extremely depressed when it was happening...and pissed. The guys on this forum are amazing and will not give up as long as you don't. They helped me a ton.

The moral of this story is that my P380 is likely one of my favorite guns to shoot. I am amazed at the accuracy and easy of putting rounds on target with that little beauty. I bet my life on it each time I carry it (mostly summer), and I do not hesitate one bit. I love that little gun, but damn did I hate it for a week or so.

Between Kahr CS and the great people on this forum, you will love that gun one day too.

Got the P380 back today. Really appreciate Kahr taking care of it. I hope to take it out this weekend with great results.

Let us know. All is well that ends well, even if it did stress you for awhile.

Yes, I did get a little pointed with them via email. For good reason. Other manufacturers have much better initial responses to returns, and honestly have less returns (as far as I know).

all that said, I am happy with the experience and very happy they apparently fixed the problems the gun had. Time will tell. I chose both my CW9 and P380 over other guns for a reason, and still do not regret my choice. I have 3 friends at work that bought LC9s, and are already talking about making upgrades or trading in their guns. I looked closely at the LC9, but did not like it trigger or quality. Happy with the CW9.

Put about 100 rounds through the P380 today. All issues appear to be fixe. Thanks Kahr

Default P380 Not Cycling Rounds Reliably

Quote Originally Posted by mbrink View Post
    Put about 100 rounds through the P380 today. All issues appear to be fixe. Thanks Kahr

Thanks for the update. After all the recent complaints about Kahr cs, reassuring to hear they can do things right
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by mbrink View Post
    Do you know exactly what Kahr found wrong with the gun? I have a cw380 and it's having the same type of issues. Locking open after shots fired. I shot 100 rounds and it locked open mainly after (approximately) the first shot of every clip. Once or twice it failed to open after the last round fired.

I love how people think that these are " expensive" guns............................

when I was in tehgun business for over 40 years I sent many guns back for vaious reason. I am hard pressed to remember if any maker ever contacted me to say "heh we gt ur gun" or called me to say "heh we shipped ur gun". Course didn't have internet back then either but sometimes I think we expect more than we should. It wold be nice to have feed back but these gun companies are not gonna spellout in detail what they did either. They dont have to do that and they won't. They willfix it kand return it asap

I took my 7 year old cuckcoo clock in for repairs two months ago to the only cloce repair guy within 100 miles that works on thse type of clocks. He told me up front it would be 2 months before he could even get to it to give me an estimate. I called him yesterday as it was 2 montys and I never heard form him and he told me I was 9 repairs away from him looking at it. Now I cold have told him to go fokk himslef but he had me by the balls to, so I will oive with this, not happy but I am sur ewhen I get it back I will forget allabout it. He is a one man operation sO I have to say he is workingas fast as he can to get to my clock. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY